Body Lift Kit Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Lift Kit Dimensions

Does anyone have the dimensions of the spacers for a body lift kit and also the size and length of the new bolts needed which I take are hex heads?

How many are needed and can they be made from aluminium or nylon?

Can I do a 2" lift without any other mods or am I limited to 1.5" lift?

Cheapest I've seen for a kit is around the £75 mark plus P&P. I'm sure I can get them made at work depending on if the materials are available.

Thanks for any advice.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

2" or 50mm diameter rod, nylon or aluminum.
    I have 2" lift blocks fitted with no extra mods.(Apart from a different engine of course, but this isn't necessary!)
    You will need to make up some steel plates to raise the front bumper by the same amount. I used 4mm steel plate, roughly 80mmX120mm.

Comment

Stock 2" aluminium rod, 10.5 hole up the centre, 2" long. Rear 2 bolts will need to be 170mm (I had to buy a box of 25 so have 21 spare if you need them) 140mm for the middle 2 sets and 130mm for the fronts. You can reuse all of the original self locking washers.
      Make sure you use 8.8 grade bolts, not the ones from B&Q which are 4.6, I have harder cheese in my fridge.
      Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

I used 12mm dia. bolts for a 2" lift.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          I used 12mm dia. bolts for a 2" lift.
          Are the standard bolts 10mm?
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Are the standard bolts 10mm?
            Yes.

Comment

we are currently doing a two inch lift kit including brackets and bolts with ally spacers for £65 + p+p
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone. I will be checking the bolt stock at work to see if I can 'obtain' the required sizes. If not you may have an order pending once I get back from my holidays Mr Surfenstein!

Comment

Best to use M12 high tensile bolts for this job as these 10 bolts are all that hold the body to the chassis- and you're make the load/distance 50mm greater!

You can tell what strength bolts you've got by looking at the markings on the heads:

http://www.unified-eng.com/scitech/bolt/boltmarks.html

The reason for going up from M10 to M12 is that you gain nearly 40% more strength. You'll have to drill out the Toyota washers that need to be re-used but it's worth it for the peace of mind. Get hold of some good Stainless M12 Nylock nuts and the jobs a goodun.

Comment

Well I had a check in the stock bins at work yesterday and the longest bolts we keep are M10 x 120 or M12 x 120 so that's a downer for a start. I might persuade my gaffer to order in a few of the required bolts as 'specials'.

Comment

Working...
                    X