Just about to buy 96 ssrv ltd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just about to buy 96 ssrv ltd

Hi folks , I am making my mind up weather to buy this car or not ?
    It is a 96 ssrv in silver 3.0 auto. It is around £7500 and in pretty mint cond with warranty ect..
    The only issue is that the decals on the side look in poor condition could i buy some replacements ?
    Plus any other advice would be priceless ie who to try for insurance

If you drive it, you'll buy it!

Price is v.resonable if its a 3rd Generation Surf, hard to say specifically what to look for, only seen 2nd Gen trucks properly. If its a 2nd gen check the rear window works fine, electric shocks, not saggy rear springs (should be level or slightly raised at rear on level ground)

Make sure all the electrics work, air con, engine OK. Look for leaks in the oil and water. Test the transfer case for 4x4 function.

Don't let the salesperson use any Jap Stereo or Sat Nav stuff as a selling point, it never works properly over here. Check the mileage against usual signs of wear like pedal rubbers, smooth steering wheel, worn seats, labels rubbed off of switches, servicing sickers under bonnet, etc

Dosn't seen alot goes wrong with 3rd Gen trucks going by the owners on here.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers for the reply I am taking a test drive in the morning and trying to see if we can do a deal.
      Does anyone know if the side stickers will come off without damaging the paint as they are a bit scruffy and I would prefer to replace them

Comment

They come off easier when heated up gently with the misses hairdryer, but the adhesive is sometimes hard to get off without solvents.

A few people on here have done it, see if its been covered on here yet by using the search button.

I'll see if I can find anything from the old forum and post it up.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Think Tony has pointed out everything to check really. Price does seem fairly good but it is a base model so maybe not as many extra gadgets etc. Then again previous threads have pointed out that most surfs have more or less the same kit once the original owner added all the options anyway.
          Suppose you should check the spare tyre - at £75-120 a tyre, they ain't cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by Nudger
            Cheers for the reply I am taking a test drive in the morning and trying to see if we can do a deal.
            Does anyone know if the side stickers will come off without damaging the paint as they are a bit scruffy and I would prefer to replace them
            sticker removal tool
            Attached Files
            [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
            [size=5][/size]
            [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Has anyone ever got hold of new stickers for a surf? I've seen so many different ones from understated to totally OTT that their must be some sort of after market shop in Japan?

OR....perhaps Toyota use the same random method as when they put the model numbers on the back!!
              '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

I've got a friend who prints stickers/banners etc as his job - he can print pretty much anything if you send him a design, I've seen some of the car stickers he's done and they are pretty cool - If you are interested send me a PM and I'll give you his email and number. I'm still trying to decide whether to have a sticker or not on mine - but I will have him do the spare wheel cover when I decide what design to put on it.
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Thank you all of you for your helpful advice !
                  I am now ringing insurers and am struggling to get quotes for under £500
                  I have used the search tool for insurance links and am now going to try all of the companys you guys / girls reccomend so thanks again.

Comment

500 doesnt sound too bad without knowing your age, NCB etc.
                    '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

I am 33 with full no claims, Problem is I have been reading that people are getting covered for £250 to £350 but it seems not to be me.
                      I am still considering it but being scared off at the moment by reading
                      that people have had reliability issues with Surfs when they are first imported ?
                      I must decide soon as it will surely be sold to someone else as it is very tidy and looks the busines in silver with lots of chrome mmmm...

Comment

I am 33 with full no claims, Problem is I have been reading that people are getting covered for £250 to £350 but it seems not to be me.
                        I am still considering it but being scared off at the moment by reading
                        that people have had reliability issues with Surfs when they are first imported ?
                        I must decide soon as it will surely be sold to someone else as it is very tidy and looks the busines in silver with lots of chrome mmmm...
                        it also depends how much excess you have to pay, you will probably find the people with low quotes have a high excess in the event of any claim
                        [size=5][/size]
                        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Excess is £250 so you think that this may be an OK quote ?

Comment

Excess is £250 so you think that this may be an OK quote ?
                            £250 is a bit on the high side for excess i would have thought that amount it should be a bit cheaper
                            [size=5][/size]

Comment

I have tried all of the companies mentioned on here and still the very best I can get is £470 with £250 excess looks like I have to make up my mind and bite the bullet or buy a boring saloon ?

Comment

Working...
                              X