insurance question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance question..

ok, so i was speaking with my mum and its come about that she might get rid of her motability megane and insure herself for my surf.
    i dont use the car at all except on weekends eg friday night, saturday and sometimes sunday and because of this, i have got myself a limited 5000 mile insurance policy.

if she insures herself on my car under her own policy, this will take me well over the 5000 miles, but it wouldnt have been me that drove those extra miles. i can see that this is going to be a problem isnt it?

a bonus about having her use my car is that i will get free car tax, but a downfall is that i will have to clean up dog hair, and do more frequent oil and filter changes! dont think i can have white dog hair on recaros... :/
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

cant really see you getting free road tax unless the truck in your mums name? might be wrong but i think it goes on who owns the car. now if your driving your mum about, you use to be able to use her disabled badge as long as she with you. i would check out before hand just incase m8

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
      cant really see you getting free road tax unless the truck in your mums name? might be wrong but i think it goes on who owns the car. now if your driving your mum about, you use to be able to use her disabled badge as long as she with you. i would check out before hand just incase m8

i think ur right there. thats a bummer, because i'll need the car registered to me for my insurance.
      my friends dad was disabled, but since he didnt drive now i think about it, i think i remember him saying the car was in his dads name..

when we go out, we use the blue badge, that can be used on any car. but when ive moved her car into the disabled bay where we live i have put it up the wrong way and get a parking ticket!

im wondering if she will be able to get insured at all then since she might need the car registered to her to get insurance for herself?
      i suppose i could put her on my policy...
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
        i think ur right there. thats a bummer, because i'll need the car registered to me for my insurance.
        my friends dad was disabled, but since he didnt drive now i think about it, i think i remember him saying the car was in his dads name..

when we go out, we use the blue badge, that can be used on any car. but when ive moved her car into the disabled bay where we live i have put it up the wrong way and get a parking ticket!

im wondering if she will be able to get insured at all then since she might need the car registered to her to get insurance for herself?
        i suppose i could put her on my policy...

there is always that m8 put her as named driver but im still not sure how it will work out for you perhaps someone else on here might know or if you have a disability advice center near you ask them m8. hope it all works out for you

Comment

not sure you can legally have two separate policies on the same vehicle, even if it's one for one driver and one for another, think you would either have to transfer both the logbook and insurance into your mum's name for the free tax and have yourself as a named driver on her policy, or just add your mum to your own policy as a named driver and up your mileage limit.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
            not sure you can legally have two separate policies on the same vehicle, even if it's one for one driver and one for another, think you would either have to transfer both the logbook and insurance into your mum's name for the free tax and have yourself as a named driver on her policy, or just add your mum to your own policy as a named driver and up your mileage limit.
            I think the first option above is the only 100% safe way, she 'owns' and is the registered keeper, you go on her insurance, it might even be cheaper because of her risk factor!
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

Working...
            X