Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torment!

This is torment, TORMENT I say!!

My Surf is sitting outside in my back yard, it's been sitting there since what feels like an eternity, (about a month really) waiting for it's SVA which is on the 28th April. I can't drive it anywhere so all I can to do is look at it sitting there looking pretty, oh and washing it. That leads me to my question, what do you folks use to polish and protect the chome bumper? I don't usualy clean and polish my cars but the Surf is something to behold in it's gleaming black paintwork and subtle use of chrome. Oh dear, I need to go and wash it again!!!

PS, the rumours aren't true, I wasn't sitting in the drivers seat going 'brum, brum', I was, erm....... looking for something!

Cheers, Damian.
    Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

MER POLISH i use it & its really good. you can use it on chrome etc. i used to use a wax polish the dear stuff but i find "mer" to be better & cheaper. i combine this with mer shampoo available from HATEFORDS OR HALFRAUDS
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

I use a special gunk wash and wax its like a gel when you plop it in the bucket, and i use Auto glm on the bodywork, bought a 5ltr tin for £30 quid cos i knew i would be using loads
      if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        MER POLISH i use it & its really good. you can use it on chrome etc. i used to use a wax polish the dear stuff but i find "mer" to be better & cheaper. i combine this with mer shampoo available from HATEFORDS OR HALFRAUDS
        Don't try and pretend you haven't used it in the shower for a little extra shine on the barnet!

Comment

Originally posted by Damian
          This is torment, TORMENT I say!!

My Surf is sitting outside in my back yard, it's been sitting there since what feels like an eternity, (about a month really) waiting for it's SVA which is on the 28th April. I can't drive it anywhere so all I can to do is look at it sitting there looking pretty, oh and washing it. That leads me to my question, what do you folks use to polish and protect the chome bumper? I don't usualy clean and polish my cars but the Surf is something to behold in it's gleaming black paintwork and subtle use of chrome. Oh dear, I need to go and wash it again!!!

PS, the rumours aren't true, I wasn't sitting in the drivers seat going 'brum, brum', I was, erm....... looking for something!

Cheers, Damian.
          Autoglym Chrome cleaner, oh and also Autoglym for the rest of it, Normal polish then extra gloss finish on top.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
            Autoglym Chrome cleaner, oh and also Autoglym for the rest of it, Normal polish then extra gloss finish on top.

Cheers

I use Autoglym as well, few good coats and it builds up a nice finish.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Working...
            X