Anyone see Watchdog last nite??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see Watchdog last nite??

I missed the bit about Landrover...my boss said it was something about a bolt causing huge engine damage when slipping out of line....??? and costing £6k plus to repair which no-one would take responsibility for.... poor sods...
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Originally posted by Helen
    I missed the bit about Landrover...my boss said it was something about a bolt causing huge engine damage when slipping out of line....??? and costing £6k plus to repair which no-one would take responsibility for.... poor sods...
    i didnt see it but landrover had a problem with the 300 tdi engine, it shreds the timing belt, they didnt recall them but bought out a kit to replace the original parts and correct the problem, maybe it was that
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
      Yep, can't remember what exactly the problem was as I was multi tasking, but I think it was on Discoveries (not sure if it was Diesel (TD5) or Petrol) but people were getting well stuffed by LR, having to pay 6 - 7K for a new engine and it not being covered by Warranty.

Had quite a bit about the fact that the warranty is not the only thing that applies and that people should approach LR under the Sale of Goods act because the engine should not do have this problem in such a short time (less than 5 or 6 years). You have 6 years to make a claim as far as I could tell.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
        Yep, can't remember what exactly the problem was as I was multi tasking, but I think it was on Discoveries (not sure if it was Diesel (TD5) or Petrol) but people were getting well stuffed by LR, having to pay 6 - 7K for a new engine and it not being covered by Warranty.

Had quite a bit about the fact that the warranty is not the only thing that applies and that people should approach LR under the Sale of Goods act because the engine should not do have this problem in such a short time (less than 5 or 6 years). You have 6 years to make a claim as far as I could tell.

Cheers
        It was the TD5, and the cause of all the misery was a little bolt that held a drive sprocket on the oil pump, when the screw cames loose the sprocket can turn without turning the pump - end result £6 1/2K of munched engine

All I can say is that I am glad which vehicle I got give me a 3 Litre 2nd Gen surf anyday

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

It really does sadden me to hear these things. I've been a huge Land Rover fan since I can remember, I've even written articles for LRM magazine. This attitude is one of the reasons why I have a Surf, as much as I like tinkering with vehicles, I've got to the stage now where I just don't have time to waste sitting in the back yard fixing something. I need a reliable off roader and that's why I went to Liverpool auctions and bought myself a Surf!

I mean what would Toyota say, (as a company) in this situation? 'Nah sorry, tough luck?' - I don't think so.

I hate, (and shouldn't have to) say this but, Japnology rules!
          Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

While I know what you mean, and agree, I would point out bad design of early 2.4 heads. Not that I love LRs, I've owned a Disco, a V8 , and a series 3 LWB at different times, still prefer my 96 Turbo I/C SSR-G.
            John
            http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

don't cost 6k to fix though
              [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Working...
              X