No announcement yet.

some advice about council if you can please :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another quick thing, damage done, make sure its repaired or you are compensated for it. dont just be happy with them fixing the boiler. You will prob be singing for money that u have lost for time off but hey its worth a try. i got compensated with new carpets off our choice just cos there was a tiny hole left in them once heating was fitted, Agan, good luck buddy

Comment

im going to try and claim for the time off, because tbh i need it. plus, its not mine or my mums fault that im taking time off to get this completed..

also, when i got back from work, we have recieved a shirty letter from some other bloke saying how we have covered up vents to the boiler itself (WRONG!!) and that how he has instructed the contractor to NOT fix or turn on the boiler until he has heard from us that we wont cover up these vents,

the letter is dated the 12th which is tuesday, and it just arrived today, and we cannot speak to him until monday as offices are closed over the weekend.

so on monday it will be 24 days without hot water and central heating.
      we have an electric shower, but its still a joke.

i WILL be calling him monday asking what the threats are about..

but i have held off talking to the councillor since someone high up from the housing partnership has been speaking to me today and she sounds like she wants this resolved asap.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

next port of call,is go local office,ask to speak to head surveyor

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          im going to try and claim for the time off, because tbh i need it. plus, its not mine or my mums fault that im taking time off to get this completed..

also, when i got back from work, we have recieved a shirty letter from some other bloke saying how we have covered up vents to the boiler itself (WRONG!!) and that how he has instructed the contractor to NOT fix or turn on the boiler until he has heard from us that we wont cover up these vents,

the letter is dated the 12th which is tuesday, and it just arrived today, and we cannot speak to him until monday as offices are closed over the weekend.

so on monday it will be 24 days without hot water and central heating.
          we have an electric shower, but its still a joke.
          1/ i WILL be calling him monday asking what the threats are about..

but i have held off talking to the councillor since someone high up from the housing partnership has been speaking to me today and she sounds like she wants this resolved asap.
          Hi Tony,
          Generally most councils will after most repairs/ alterations or modifications, write or telephone the tenant & ask "have you a few minutes to answer some Questions about your recent Work" (as they did to us only last week)
          Quality Control or summat like that ....
          eg.
          Did the Contractors show their Identification ?
          Did you ask for indentifiction ?
          Were Contractors Polite ?
          Were you satisfied with the work ?
          Did they clean up after their work ?
          How happy were you with their overall Conduct ?

If they (your Local Council) haven't already Contacted ya about a Questionaire Phone them n ask them if ya can fill out a Questionaire about the recent work carried out at your House !!!
          Hope this helps n good luck
          Jess

There'e always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
            Hi Tony,
            Generally most councils will after most repairs/ alterations or modifications, write or telephone the tenant & ask "have you a few minutes to answer some Questions about your recent Work" (as they did to us only last week)
            Quality Control or summat like that ....
            eg.
            Did the Contractors show their Identification ?
            Did you ask for indentifiction ?
            Were Contractors Polite ?
            Were you satisfied with the work ?
            Did they clean up after their work ?
            How happy were you with their overall Conduct ?

If they (your Local Council) haven't already Contacted ya about a Questionaire Phone them n ask them if ya can fill out a Questionaire about the recent work carried out at your House !!!
            Hope this helps n good luck
            Jess

There'e always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!

thanks for your post. i will see about this - if they do it
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

update:

the head bloke from the council, is at our home now, ive spoke to him about the mess the contractors keep leaving, and he is asking for a signature to say we wont cover up the vent.
              i said that shouldnt be a problem, but i pointed out that if the vent had been baffled in the first place then there would have been no problem and it would not have been covered up.

the contractor is on their way - they are probably late as usual, i doubt they know the council bloke is there.
              i also said if he looked around the house, he can see that we keep it tidy and we decorate when we can... meaning its not like some ppl we knew where they just trash their house they are renting from the council.

they only called yesterday afternoon at 3pm and said we can either do it tomorrow, or it will be two weeks after that, so at such short notice i wasnt able to get time off work to be there to meet them.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
              X