Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf won a Trophy at Motor Show !!

Hi,
    My Surf won a Trophy at the Midland Festival of Transport held at Weston Park Stafford on Easter Monday. I did not intend to enter it into the show but as I was parking up a Show official suggested that I register it at the show control and that it would be displayed in the Custom Vehicles section as their was no specific group for 4x4's. Later on somebody mentioned that they had seen on a list at the control center that it had won a Trophy for best of section !! Thought that I might have seen a few Members or other owners but I only saw 1 other Surf all day ! Had a superb Day loads of Trade stands for parts great Weather until about 4.30 pm and then it threw it down !!
    Fitted 30 mm Wheel spacers big improvement in handling since doing the suspension lift (loads of over-steer) also fitted a couple of indicator units that fit to the back of the door mirrors and a Windscreen Sun-visor on Friday / Saturday and a K& N Air Filter Kit. All in all a good Weekend but would have been better if there had been a few other Surf owners there.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Driver; 13 April 2004, 21:38.
    I'd Rather Have A 4" Lift Than A 4" Extension !!!

Congratulations

Nice motor, i have been looking for a sunvisor for mine & i notice you have a spoiler on the rear, please can you let me know where & how much
    Dodgy Dave

Comment

Hi Dave ,
      The Front Windscreen Sun-visor was from 4x4 Accessories Leeming Bar North Yorks and cost approx £100 + vat but although it looks ok I am not very happy with the Fitting as you have to drill into the Door pillars and I don't like the brackets that secure it to the body. I intend to secure it to the Window with a very strong Mastic in the near future. The rear roof spoiler was supplied by Roughtrax in Bristol Again approx !00 +vat and is supplied in Gray primer so it requires Color coding it also has a built in rear Brake light.Expensive but good quality.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you

Thanks for the reply, i will check it out as soon as mine is back on the road, and i will tour the shops & scrap yards in America when out there again in June..
        Dodgy Dave

Comment

hi can you tell me where you got your k7n filter kit from my local dealer does not list the surf or 2.4td 4runner

cheers brian

Comment

Originally posted by Driver
            Hi,
            My Surf won a Trophy at the Midland Festival of Transport held at Weston Park Stafford on Easter Monday. I did not intend to enter it into the show but as I was parking up a Show official suggested that I register it at the show control and that it would be displayed in the Custom Vehicles section as their was no specific group for 4x4's. Later on somebody mentioned that they had seen on a list at the control center that it had won a Trophy for best of section !! Thought that I might have seen a few Members or other owners but I only saw 1 other Surf all day ! Had a superb Day loads of Trade stands for parts great Weather until about 4.30 pm and then it threw it down !!
            Fitted 30 mm Wheel spacers big improvement in handling since doing the suspension lift (loads of over-steer) also fitted a couple of indicator units that fit to the back of the door mirrors and a Windscreen Sun-visor on Friday / Saturday and a K& N Air Filter Kit. All in all a good Weekend but would have been better if there had been a few other Surf owners there.
            Hi Andy, Congratulations!, she does look rather majestic standing there ... Apart form the filter is that a stock engine?

Thanks, Nick.
            Last edited by SurfnTurf; 14 April 2004, 13:02.

Comment

ANDY good on ya mate
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

The Engine is Standard except for the K&N Filter that I got from the Motor Show on Monday. I had intended to fit a brand new K&N Filter but after visiting there web site was unable to see one listed for the Surf. I noticed this one Boxed up on a Trade stand but was marked as s/h as somebody had bought it fitted it then decided to sell there car and refit the standard Filter because there is a noticeable difference in induction Noise with the K&N Filter.
                The Guy was asking £40.00 and it was marked up for fitting on a Toyota MR2 but it looked as though it might just fit my Motor so I offered him £20.00 on the chance that it may not fit and I did not intend to try it there and then and then I might be stuck with a filter that would not fit. He accepted and I then decided to fit it at the show and it was a perfect fit part no.57-0091-1. Removed all the old air filter housing and had it fitted in 20 min. It came with all the fittings including a cold air induction kit and the original receipt for £95.00. It has defiantly made a difference in performance although there is now a lot of induction air noise although I don't mind that. I,m sure that Marky posted a pic of the same Filter on his Motor (If you read this Marky let me know) Also K&N Filters only normally need cleaning every 50000 mile.
                Attached Files

Comment

No it was not my motor somebody else posted those pics sorry
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

That one looks similar to mine but is slightly different wonder what the part no. is for that ? As long as the Filter is of a reasonable size and fits correctly and also the air sensor is fitted after the Filter I think there would be quite a few K&N Filters that would fit but I can defiantly recommend the Toyota MR2 as a perfect fit. Thanks for the pic Marky.
                    P.S. shame I did not get to meet up with you at Whitby over the Weekend I will try and meet up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by brian567
                      hi can you tell me where you got your k7n filter kit from my local dealer does not list the surf or 2.4td 4runner

cheers brian
                      They look & sound ok....but I wouldn,t want to go wading with one fitted .
                      Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Working...
                      X