Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra seating in the boot!

Hi,
    I need advice on fitting extra seating to the 1992 ssr-g. As bargaining power i convinced my wife that fitting a boot mounted seat for one of the rug rats was a straight forward affair. I didnt expect her to hold me to this. Has anyone done this, or know how it could be done? I pick up the vehicle in two days. If its not possible, it could be for sale again in three days! Please help its the first time ive "owned" a decent truck and would like to keep it as long as poss.
    Looking forward to any advice/excuse,
    Mike

To get out of ****

i would nick a old Milk Crate, Gaffer Tape it to the floor & cover it in a rug, for sure, for sure
    sorry but can`t help you other than that
    Dodgy Dave

Comment

You can maybe try Exmoor trim, (01984 635060). Litchfield made 'em for Range Rovers and they might do one for Surfs.

Damian.
      Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by msmithso
        Hi,
        I need advice on fitting extra seating to the 1992 ssr-g. As bargaining power i convinced my wife that fitting a boot mounted seat for one of the rug rats was a straight forward affair. I didnt expect her to hold me to this. Has anyone done this, or know how it could be done? I pick up the vehicle in two days. If its not possible, it could be for sale again in three days! Please help its the first time ive "owned" a decent truck and would like to keep it as long as poss.
        Mike
        This company sorted a set of boot seats for my old Muso m8, they do all types of rear seats, side and rear facing with adjustable lap belts.
        Scot Seats Direct
        Tel: 0800 074 8295

I will even go one further m8 as I have still got one side fit seat with lap belt, never used, still boxed. I will offer it up in the back of my motor some stage tommorow and if it fits, its yours for the price of postage and a bottle of scotch.

Fish
        If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

extra seating in boot

fit standard ejection seat from harrier jump jet, with side trajectory, convince wife that it's a mother in law seat, and wire it to the little red button in front of the drive selector lever, problem solved,
          BIG D
          ITS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT ITS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE,

Comment

Cheers

Originally posted by Damian
            You can maybe try Exmoor trim, (01984 635060). Litchfield made 'em for Range Rovers and they might do one for Surfs.

Damian.
            Cheers ill give them a ring tomorrow. This is the first time ive used the tinternet for anything useful! Ill let youi know if any joy. Thanks again
            Fat Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Dave O`Donnell
              i would nick a old Milk Crate, Gaffer Tape it to the floor & cover it in a rug, for sure, for sure
              sorry but can`t help you other than that
              Nice, If all else fails It might be my only option. Cheers Fat Mick

Comment

Originally posted by big d
                fit standard ejection seat from harrier jump jet, with side trajectory, convince wife that it's a mother in law seat, and wire it to the little red button in front of the drive selector lever, problem solved,
                I like it, I can see some problems with insurance/modifications but its a thought ill take to bed tonight.....

Comment

Originally posted by Fish
                  This company sorted a set of boot seats for my old Muso m8, they do all types of rear seats, side and rear facing with adjustable lap belts.
                  Scot Seats Direct
                  Tel: 0800 074 8295

I will even go one further m8 as I have still got one side fit seat with lap belt, never used, still boxed. I will offer it up in the back of my motor some stage tommorow and if it fits, its yours for the price of postage and a bottle of scotch.

Fish
                  Sweet, I like the sound of that. Let me know. Ill give em a buzz tomorrow if no joy with yours. Thanks, Fat Mick
                  p.s how much is a bottle of scotch?

Comment

Originally posted by msmithso
                    Hi,
                    Mike
                    I remember someone putting a thread on here regarding 7 seater Surfs . There are a couple of mentions of people importing these with 7 seats as a Toyota optional extra . Someone else may be able to add to this thresd with more acurate info for you .

Rick
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

This any good Mike ????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=31349

Comment

Working...
                      X