Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdrive

Hi guys

Sorry to post this here and not in the FQA but there's no start new thread that i can see, so its here.

Do i drive with the overdrive on or off .

Thanks
    Dave Hob

on,it cuts in at approx 55mph,just think of it as a an extra top gear,but if yr towing heavy loads,turn off up steep hills

Comment

If you're gonna be driving around town, hardly ever going above 40mph, leave it off for better economy.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        If you're gonna be driving around town, hardly ever going above 40mph, leave it off for better economy.
        ay? is that right?? surely for better economy you want to get it in to 4th as soon as you can to keep the revs low?
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Stick a set of 39s on your truck like mine and you'll have no option but to leave it off. Problem solved.
          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            How? I've a 3lt auto, should I turn this off on mine, mostly town driving rarely over 50, thought I'd read on here its best left on. H

Comment

Dunno if this is old news, but OD 'appears' to affect the shifts and ratios below 50 odd mph. I dont know fully how OD is controlled by the ECU, but there is definitely an effect at lower speeds where it reduces the revs at significantly lower speeds than you would expect.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                Dunno if this is old news, but OD 'appears' to affect the shifts and ratios below 50 odd mph. I dont know fully how OD is controlled by the ECU, but there is definitely an effect at lower speeds where it reduces the revs at significantly lower speeds than you would expect.
                really?

i will have to try turning off and see what happens, i always thought it was better on too.

Comment

Working...
                X