Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very bad wheel wobble

hi all.
    driving along the road yesterday and somebody pulled me over as it looked like my front left wheel was about to fall off.
    i got my m8 to drive it down the road so i could see this for myself. every time it hit the slightest of bumps the wheel shook really bad.
    i have had a little look and the ball joint has play in it the one circled in red

could it be down to anything else, eg c.v, any part of drive?

at the moment im 408 miles away from home so its quite annoying and im meant to be back at work, oh well.
    thanks all will

Track rod end, outer.

Around a tenner each from Milners or Roughtrax, and dont take very long to fit. You'll need to get your tracking done once you've swapped it.

Check your wheel bearing too. Jack it up and see if you can wobble the wheel on the hub. It feels kind of like loose wheel nuts.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Thanks Andy
      The right hand track rod seems ok but is it worth doing both sides at the same time?
      i now need to go out and buy a new jack, stupid me i have 4 back home and did i think about bringing one up here, NO!!!!
      also how hard was it to fit the free wheeling hubs, as im ordering stuff i might as well add them to the list.
      cheers will

Comment

If there's nowt wrong with the other one, I wouldn't bother changing it.

Manual hubs, very easy job.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

cool thanks, i will order it now and i will treat myself to the free wheeling hubs.
          will

Comment

get a bumper while yer at it.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
              get a bumper while yer at it.
              very funny, but i do have a bumper. pic was shot when body lift was being fitted, notice the lopsidedness of her!!

Comment

steering damper could settle it down a bit too mate, my wheels looked as though they were wobbling on bumps damper fixed it.
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                X