The selling of spares and breaking..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The selling of spares and breaking..

First off, I have no axe to grind, I'm just not certain how this works, and I just want to check so I don't upset anyone...
    I have an ad for my old truck, but whats the score with replying to wanted ads? Is it first to offer bags it, or does everyone with the bits join in and the buyer decides? I need to get the thing shifted, but not badly enough to want to upset anyone.
    Last edited by Chillitt; 11 August 2008, 21:59.
    it's in me shed, mate.

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
    First off, I have no axe to grind, I'm just not certain how this works, and I just want to check so I don't upset anyone...
    I have an ad for my old truck, but whats the score with relying to wanted ads? Is it first to offer bags it, or does everyone with the bits join in and the buyer decides? I need to get the thing shifted, but not badly enough to want to upset anyone.
    forum etiquette says....

.... etiquette, what on this forum??
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

First come first served.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

just put a reply in with the price and p&p then its up to the buyer then if he goes with you or someone else.All i done for selling and was just go thru the threads for parts for sale and see what others are selling for then sell mine for much the same as the others.If you just want to get rid of parts quick then just say make a suitable off er and go from there.Sometimes you will get a bit more than you thought you may get
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          First come first served.
          Care to expand on that? For instance, earlier I told someone I had some bits, after someone else said they might have them. Was that a bad thing?
          Clearly from the buying end, once someone says they are having something thats it, but can a seller 'claim' a customer? Seems a bit of a minefield....
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Care to expand on that? For instance, earlier I told someone I had some bits, after someone else said they MIGHT have them. Was that a bad thing?
            Clearly from the buying end, once someone says they are having something thats it, but can a seller 'claim' a customer? Seems a bit of a minefield....
            The operative word there is might, as opposed to will

Comment

Care to expand on that? For instance, earlier I told someone I had some bits, after someone else said they might have them. Was that a bad thing?
              I don't think anyone would mind. Plus, a 'might' have something isn't as good as a 'do' have something. Ask the buyer, go with whatever they say.

Comment

Cheers chaps, Didn't want to put anyones back up, as it were...
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Cheers chaps, Didn't want to put anyones back up, as it were...
                  Any hassles, send them here...

Comment

I personally try to post only if i can supply and no one else has .......

i dont play on others bids or offers allthough pm's and phone calls can ruin that

Also expect time wasters you will reply to a ad offer the parts agree a price then they don't take it any further ..................... they are about
                    Last edited by BioHazard; 11 August 2008, 22:30.
                    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Stormforce wrote the book on that subject!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X