No announcement yet.

flea bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife has been doing ebay for 3-4 years for pin money, recently sold a watch and mob phone to two different pepes, the phone was returned, only it wasn't the original but a broken one that looked the same and the buyer wanted refund, the wife reported to ebay/paypal and refused to refund.

The watch had to be signed for, was signed for then the winning bidder requested a refund saying it wasn't delivered.

Both complained to paypal/ebay and my wifes account was frozen, holding around £1000 of her money, numerous calls/emails etc and the account remains frozen 1 month later till pay/ebay investigation is completed, which they say could take up to 90 days, this on a seller with 100% fb. One big con to hold onto your money methinks.

Once the money's transfered she'll not be doing no more, so they've definitely lost hundreds of fees from us. H

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
      you can't go through all that if you're selling a cheap item though... you end up costing more than it's worth.

i'd never sell anything again... people just take the pi$$.
      I agree. Its scary just how stupid a fair proportion of the general public are. I had 5 phone calls asking me what year the truck is, the title of the ad is
      ' 1991 Hilux Surf...' and the number plate on full view in the pictures.

At least 3 more calls asking whats wrong with it, again, as description says, head gasket gone. Does it drive? No! Why not? Head gasket gone! How much you want for it? £400.00! Hmmm, I would pay that if head gasket not gone ! I wouldn't sell it for that if head gasket not gone! And so on and so on.

Then 'Hi, I have 15000000 buyers waiting with cash to buy your vehicle!!!!' Just pay a one off £75.00 and consider it sold!! Goodbye!
      If you play with fire.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
        Well Tony, reading your message, and then reading the replies, it looks like ebay is broken beyond repair, and will eventually die. If every seller takes the advice given the whole thing is on its last legs as there will never be any new members, at least not unless ebay give you a joining bonus of 10 free positive feedbacks.

And Davemaxx , are you an ebay member ? were you once a crap bidder who then suddenly became a good guy when you completed 10 purchases ? Have you thought how ridiculous that sounds ?

Bogus
        heehee
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by bu5hwack3r View Post
          I have some sympathy with you at the moment, I'm selling my Surf on fleabay at the moment, it has 30 odds minutes to run, the highest bidder has zero feedback, and won't respond to my messages for a contact number, a foreign gentleman has rung numerous times and started by saying 'sh1t truck aint it?' to which I replied ' don't buy it then' and he then started saying things about what he'll do to my wife etc!!! I'm only trying to sell a truck!! Oh to get hold of him

I really should have put it on here, I'm tempted to just cancel all bids and do that. I'm only after about £350.00 hardly expensive? Heres the link if anyone interested, and I don't want to circumvent the rules regarding payment for items for sale, so if anyone wants it on here, I'll donate requisite amount to the forum.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230279155783

Thanks

if people have bid on your item, then you cannot cancel. if you cancelled then ebay wouldnt get their money, so they prevent u from cancelling.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
            The wife has been doing ebay for 3-4 years for pin money, recently sold a watch and mob phone to two different pepes, the phone was returned, only it wasn't the original but a broken one that looked the same and the buyer wanted refund, the wife reported to ebay/paypal and refused to refund.

The watch had to be signed for, was signed for then the winning bidder requested a refund saying it wasn't delivered.

Both complained to paypal/ebay and my wifes account was frozen, holding around £1000 of her money, numerous calls/emails etc and the account remains frozen 1 month later till pay/ebay investigation is completed, which they say could take up to 90 days, this on a seller with 100% fb. One big con to hold onto your money methinks.

Once the money's transfered she'll not be doing no more, so they've definitely lost hundreds of fees from us. H
            apparently you wont see any of that money. www.paypalsucks.com
            i was reading that and if your account is frozen, more often than not thats it for you from what ive read.
            this is why i always transfer money straight to my bank, and then remove the bank details.
            the bad thing is, i mis-advertised something and not realised i didnt post the correct model, (it was a x500 and not a x700) anyway, i had to give a refund and there is no way possible to do that immediately. i thought it was automated once i started the ebay process, but NO. i had to register my bank account and sort code and wait 7 days for them to deposit some pennies into my account. its quick to buy from ebay via debit or credit card, so why not be the same for refunds.
            i had made a mistake, and wanted to give the money back asap since he sent it right back, and paypal made it HARD to do. in the end i did a bank transfer from my bank to his and apologised a lot.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              if people have bid on your item, then you cannot cancel. if you cancelled then ebay wouldnt get their money, so they prevent u from cancelling.
              Thats only true if there are less than 12 hours to go on the ad, and the item has met its reserve. Before this time you can cancel bids and end item .
              If you play with fire.....

Comment

Originally posted by bu5hwack3r View Post
                Thats only true if there are less than 12 hours to go on the ad, and the item has met its reserve. Before this time you can cancel bids and end item .
                i had a motorbike on sale and the bids where at £600, a bloke came around to see it and plonked a £1000 in my hand so i let him have it at that, i then tried to end the listing the next day only to find that if i did it would have to go to the highest bidder, it was then at £620. so i then had to phone the bloke i had sold it to and tell him to place a bid so i could then end it with him being the high bidder, (so he actually won it for a lot less than he payed) (work that out)

and if you whant to be a real smarty pants you can ask the buyer to inform them that the bike or car has been returned to the seller and a refund given because its set on fire and you should then get out of paying the tax because a transaction hasn't taken place.
                Last edited by davemaxx; 12 August 2008, 00:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
                  The wife has been doing ebay for 3-4 years for pin money,
                  'for the record'

unless your actually buying in and selling on as a trader, your not earning pin money, your simply recovering a small portion of what an item originally cost you.

Comment

ok so heres the latest of a mobile phone im trying to get rid of, i recieved this message earlier today (this is now the 3rd time i have relisted this item, and i have put a bit at the bottom asking nicely for people not to buy it now unless they actually want it cos its costing me money)
                    quote::

"Your listed merchandise is just the best item i can purchase for my old time college mate that just got couple of years to serve in a Nigeria game reserve to study wild life,it is really a happy news to me so i do want to please him with this item as it is his favorite(hope the working condition is as perfect as stated in the listing), i will offer you the sum of GBP 250 for it, note that this cover both cost of item and shipping via Royalmail INTERNATIONAL Sign For to 23401 Nigeria . note that i strictly follow the rules of eBay and PayPal so i will confirm the shipping address before i send out payment,reply me back with your paypal email so i will send out payment as soon as i see your reply Thank you for your time to read."
                    its up for 200 quid buy it now.

i replied with this (just to be nice):
                    "you story is irrelevant.
                    once you have bought the item, which is £200 + £20 p&p it will then take you through the pay pal processes.
                    you will need to complete those steps to make the purchase.

if you do not know how to do the above, please click on the help button on the top right hand corner of the page.
                    thanks for looking, good luck with being the winning bidder!
                    regards"

what the hell is going on?
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                      ok so heres the latest of a mobile phone im trying to get rid of, i recieved this message earlier today (this is now the 3rd time i have relisted this item, and i have put a bit at the bottom asking nicely for people not to buy it now unless they actually want it cos its costing me money)
                      quote::

"Your listed merchandise is just the best item i can purchase for my old time college mate that just got couple of years to serve in a Nigeria game reserve to study wild life,it is really a happy news to me so i do want to please him with this item as it is his favorite(hope the working condition is as perfect as stated in the listing), i will offer you the sum of GBP 250 for it, note that this cover both cost of item and shipping via Royalmail INTERNATIONAL Sign For to 23401 Nigeria . note that i strictly follow the rules of eBay and PayPal so i will confirm the shipping address before i send out payment,reply me back with your paypal email so i will send out payment as soon as i see your reply Thank you for your time to read."
                      its up for 200 quid buy it now.

i replied with this (just to be nice):
                      "you story is irrelevant.
                      once you have bought the item, which is £200 + £20 p&p it will then take you through the pay pal processes.
                      you will need to complete those steps to make the purchase.

if you do not know how to do the above, please click on the help button on the top right hand corner of the page.
                      thanks for looking, good luck with being the winning bidder!
                      regards"

what the hell is going on?
                      Basically you found another nigerian scammer

You would be safer to block him.

Trev
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                        Basically you found another nigerian scammer

You would be safer to block him.

Trev
                        ####s everywhere.
                        cheers trev
                        tony
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                        X