Anyone got a window??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a window??

Hi - I'm looking for a double glazed, UPVC window 1770 (W) x 450 (H) max to complete my kitchen extension - I just missed out on one on ebay, and of course the double glazing firms won't sell me just one, I have to have the whole house redone....

So, does anyone on here have one or be able to point me in the right direction to get just one. I has to be no bigger than 1770mm x 450mm and not too much smaller..

TIA
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Sorry I can't help mate, but I find it unbelievable that no one will sell you a single window. We have lots of small double glazing firms around here who are falling over themselves to do just that!

Stay away from the big boys and try a small independent company.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
      Hi - I'm looking for a double glazed, UPVC window 1770 (W) x 450 (H) max to complete my kitchen extension - I just missed out on one on ebay, and of course the double glazing firms won't sell me just one, I have to have the whole house redone....

So, does anyone on here have one or be able to point me in the right direction to get just one. I has to be no bigger than 1770mm x 450mm and not too much smaller..

TIA
      A lady i work with, her husband makes them, PM me your details and i will pass them on mate

Colin
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

try the local paper for a small company, or in Birmingham there is a reclamation place that just does UPVC windows and doors i will get the name for you when i pass it later, if you like?

I got a UPVC Door from them £180 not bad considering other places wanted £450.

Comment

Go straight to one of the glazing workshops. Very few companies actually make their own units. There'll be one fairly local to you.

Comment

Try Wickes, they have plenty to choose from,

Cheers, Nick
            "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
            X