Snorkel help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snorkel help

Just bought this off flea bay, it arrived ..but no instructions..templates etc, anybody out there have the templates to allow me to cut holes in my wing etc
    Attached Files

Back in the day Baby

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
    Just bought this off flea bay, it arrived ..but no instructions..templates etc, anybody out there have the templates to allow me to cut holes in my wing etc

see if they have the instructions (would have thought the snorkels had different templates).....could possibly try marking the high points with grease or something like it and put the snorkel in place and see where the marks are?
    Gaz

Comment

Can't you just make a new template from paper or thin card?

Comment

Thanks guys... the snorkel was new in its box but with no info...i have been offering it up to see how it fits...i thought about using some some stiff cardboard to mould into the snorkel shell itself to make a template. I can kinda work out how it mounts, the main body should be fairly easy to do, the most arkward bit is the smaller pipe with the 90 degree bend, it connects the snorkel body to the air filter, mounting it could be fun. I,m not sure what the lenght of corrugated flex pipe is for as the snorkel design would seem to mount up with out straight to the airfilter inlet.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

What brand is it? Have you checked the manufacturers website? I seem to recall some of them having the full fitting instructions and such online.

Comment

Box is all chinese symbols with Hilux scrawled on it....I'l try the seller in Hong kong...the price was good thou...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Long shot, but they aren't rolled up and stuffed up one of the bits of pipe,a re they?
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Well the flexible bit does fit in to the top of the snorkel ...whats it for..it seems very long....I can't see how it helps the snorkel work

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Well the flexible bit does fit in to the top of the snorkel ...whats it for..it seems very long....I can't see how it helps the snorkel work

Is that to go on one end of the short bit to connect it to the airbox?

I think I saw a thread on here or mud club about getting hold of a template.....
                  Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/snorkel.htm

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                      Is that to go on one end of the short bit to connect it to the airbox?

I think I saw a thread on here or mud club about getting hold of a template.....
                      I though that, but when I offered the snorkel up to the body (to see how it fitted) the black 90 degree smaller pipe connects the snorkel main body straight to the rubber hose on the airfilter inlet box. see thumbnail pic...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

I though that, but when I offered the snorkel up to the body (to see how it fitted) the black 90 degree smaller pipe connects the snorkel main body straight to the rubber hose on the airfilter inlet box. see thumbnail pic...
                        Cool - TonyN might have a template - or could copy one from a snorkel he may have???
                        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Out of interest and mainly because I cant afford a Safari or TJM, what ebay seller in Hong Kong did you buy from?
                          Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

It might have been a one off...I will ask him..it was $200.00 US just over £100.00 plus shipping

Back in the day Baby

Comment

I'd be interested in one at that price too, let us know.
                              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                              X