yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Was Your Weekend- If you didn't go to Robin Hoods Bay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Was Your Weekend- If you didn't go to Robin Hoods Bay?

Got back from the first outing with the caravan. The Surf took the towing in her stride and even seemed to enjoy the workout (after a short stop near Baldock to get the noseweight right for my saggy rear).
    Oh the joys of modern caravan ownership. Tried to prime the hot water tank with the overwintering drain bung out and got wet feet. Put the bung back in and tried again. Wet feet again! This time she inside decided to turn the taps off because they were running and spluttering.
    On day two the guy in the BIG Kon-Tiki camper van decided to go off site and found himself almost up to the axles in mud. I offered to hook the truck up. He looked dubious, "This weighs over three tons, mate."
    I put the truck in Low, took up the tension on the rope and just chugged out onto the gravel road with no wheel-slip whatsoever. A large group of people, who were suddenly very interested in the truck, gathered. Not one of them had heard of the Surf before. At least a couple were thinking of making it part of their outfit for next season.
    Saw several Surfs. A guy in a Burgundy over grey, at the Stretham (Cambs) roundabout, waved. Saw a really nice ice-blue 3rd Gen in Ely M***CYE? that had Mrs Kitesurf saying, "Why cant you keep ours clean and shiny like that!" THANKS MATE! Saw a really cool silver over chrome on on the A505 and flashed the lights- got a one finger salute (obviously not fromthis forum).
    The only downside to the whole weekend was, after hearing a sound like a bullet ricocheting off the top of the windscreen, discovering a six inch long vertical crack right behind the interior mirror (it took me two days to notice it). I wonder if it is worth gettingit repaired?
    Forgot the digital camera, the video camera was still on charge when we got home and the 35mm camera was hanging on the bannister post!!!!!
    Oh, the weather turned really nice this lunchtime, just as we started packing up, so I have a sunburnt neck and face.
    So, how was your Bank Holiday Weekend?
    It's only a hobby!

Friday, Lorriane
    Saturday, Jodie and Trudy
    Sunday, Laura
    Monday, Kim

Lorraine lives in cambridge... so i did drive the surf a bit!... took her to tesco in peterborough... how romantic!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Hope you bought her an Easter Egg - they would have been reduced to half price by then
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Took our caravan down to Caernarfon from St Helens, Thursday to Tuesday. Surf took everything thrown at it, including the rather pleasant 1.5 hour traffic jam from the M56 to the roadworks on the A505. Must admit I was getting worried about the auto box overheating though so for piece of mind I'll be getting an optional oil cooler from Kenlowe. Only thing I wasn't too impressed with was going uphill, as even with ACT on and my foot down I was losing speed. Still probably too used to my V6 2.5i petrol car where I could shift down a lot easier. At least that LWB Shogun behind me became a dot!

Had some fun in Betswy Coed - no parking spaces left. Found me a nice bit of off-road rough bumpy land, but in in 4WD and parked the Surf on top. When we came back, a few other 4x4's had done the same, plus a guy in a Cavalier who obviously hadn't thought about ground clearance and bellied it with the front wheels in the air!

St Ives later this year.
        Everything's easy, when you know how!

Comment

had to work on the sunday - which meant a day driving to and from Plymouth - 220 mile each way - went in the Surf - and had a very comfy ride.

on way back some Surf went past me doing 90mph!!! - and he didn't wave - huh!
          Dave

Comment

i spent the last few days towing other peoples caravans off the grass pitches the surf impressed a few people, she took it in her stride no wheelspin & loads of onlookers
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

This was our first weekend with a surf

Saw the beast friday morning, drove it by lunchtime, came home with it early afternoon. spent most of the weekend driving it, had no particular place to go just couldnt leave it alone.
              Washed it friday, got it muddy saturday, washed it again, managed to keep it clean for the rest of the weekend.
              Removed the speed warning bell, fitted front spots, new alarm comes tomorrow for me to fit, and cant wait to drive it again!!!!
              If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
              I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X