yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Surf's Almost Ready! General Advice Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Surf's Almost Ready! General Advice Please!

My March 1997 Surf SSRG 3.0TD - Intercooler. will be with me in just a couple of weeks, it's currently being SVA'd etc AND I CAN'T WAIT!!!
    Anyway I have a couple of questions that I hope you Guys and Gals can help me with!

1. Any ideas where I can the following items, A Luggage Cover (the roll back type), a sump guard, and replacement chrome bull bar extensions (the type that come out of the OE plastic covered A bar)

2. What tyre size is the original for the OE Alloy wheels, and what's the best tyre for 80% Road use.

3. Should I let my wife Drive?

Cheers

Stuart

Originally posted by hailthegreatman
    My March 1997 Surf SSRG 3.0TD - Intercooler. will be with me in just a couple of weeks, it's currently being SVA'd etc AND I CAN'T WAIT!!!
    Anyway I have a couple of questions that I hope you Guys and Gals can help me with!

1. Any ideas where I can the following items, A Luggage Cover (the roll back type), There's a couple on ebay at the moment.

a sump guard. Have a word with our member called Rusty , he sells bash plates.

replacement chrome bull bar extensions (the type that come out of the OE plastic covered A bar) Try streetluge_chris, he's another member on here.

2. What tyre size is the original for the OE Alloy wheels, and what's the best tyre for 80% Road use. 265/70/16 Most people go for BF Goodridge A/T which are 50/50, but the M/T's look good and have had good reports from a couple of experienced guys on here. At the end of the day it's a matter of personal opinion.

3. Should I let my wife Drive? hehe... thats a good one, got anymore like that?..

Cheers

Stuart
    Glad to have you aboard Stuart. You dont have to be mad to be a member, but it helps. Dont forget to post your piccies when you get it.

Comment

For 80% on road use I used to have bridgestone dueller HT, very good on road and quite a good life span as well. Just changed them for BFG MTs, still good on road, will have higher wear but I'll live with it. Certainly are noisier though.

Cheers

Comment

Where do i look on e-bay ?

where on e-bay do i look for the roll top covers, & i have got Bridgestone Duellers..very good no nose due to loud stereo..
        Dodgy Dave

Comment

use more fuel with an off road tyre too!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Many Thanks

Thank you guys, will post the photo's in due course!. Can't find the luggage covers on ebay however!

Comment

I was watching 2 the other day but they've finished now. If you use the search facility on ebay "toyota hilux surf" in parts by brands, sometimes they show up. Sorry I mislead you, but you have to keep on it and then track in "my ebay" section.....

Comment

Working...
              X