Big Tyres?? Where R They??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Tyres?? Where R They??

sorry if im asking the same questions here but as far as my lift goes thats all sorted.
    my problem is (and i know its dumb!) that im still having trouble trying to find a decent (or any) set of 35" tyres.
    does anybody know what the profile would be for a 35" in order for me to help my searching?
    i.e. 255/?/15....or does it not work like that for big tyres?
    for all of u that have 35" tyres, where did u get them?
    i just want an agressive 35" tyre and what width wheel it will need to go on. (the wider the better!)
    i just seem to be hitting dead ends with my google searches!?
    thanks again guys. really appreciate any help!

35x12.50x15's is what your after go to lasupertrux site and look for the white steel 15x10's like i have on my truck with 33's on.They are a -52 offset also which make them stick out that bit more from the arches but i do get a lot of tyre to arch rubbing while off roading which i ain't to bothered about.
    Heres the 15x10s http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/Pa...el_Wheels.html
    go for the khumo kl71's or the bfgoodrich tyres.they cost a bit more but they look good

Last edited by stormforce; 3 August 2008, 18:53.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Are and you. They aren't exactly long words to write.

Comment

Are they not -32 offset Richard?

I have 15x10 mods and they look the same on my truck.

with 10j you can fit wider than 12.5.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

no these are the ones tonyn got for me which are -52's.he got the same for his 1st gen at the same time
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Goodcat - Mate, i appreciate you want 'the works' done but hold fire on the "kid in the candy store" way of doing things.

Have you looked at any other monster surfs?!

How high are you going!?

How wide do you want to go?

Your going to have issues if you go for crazy width... the width is id say more of a killer then the overall tyre size.

You'll be looking at a 35x15 if you want bad boy wide. Thats a TSL super swamper. Bias tyre, Wears like feck on the road an is £200 a tyre.

you'll want 15x12 wheels for that.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
              Goodcat - Mate, i appreciate you want 'the works' done but hold fire on the "kid in the candy store" way of doing things.

Have you looked at any other monster surfs?!

How high are you going!?

How wide do you want to go?

Your going to have issues if you go for crazy width... the width is id say more of a killer then the overall tyre size.

You'll be looking at a 35x15 if you want bad boy wide. Thats a TSL super swamper. Bias tyre, Wears like feck on the road an is £200 a tyre.

you'll want 15x12 wheels for that.
              lol point taken m8.
              i think ill stick to 10" wide rims then.

so 35"x12.5x15 tyres will fit nicely on 15x10 rims is that what u guys are saying?
              and those white rims are nice storm but not cheap! even tho they say they are! lol

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                lol point taken m8.
                i think ill stick to 10" wide rims then.

so 35"x12.5x15 tyres will fit nicely on 15x10 rims is that what u guys are saying?
                and those white rims are nice storm but not cheap! even tho they say they are! lol
                Thats it mate,

Ive got 35x12.50 on my Surf...

5.5" of lift with slight rubbing (till hammer time) on full lock. -32 offset 15"x10" rims.

check out www.silverline4x4.co.uk or .com for the black modular wheels if you want black an i got some BFGoodrich Mud tyres, its the best mud based all rounder from what ive read.

Happy to discuss possible tyres with you.

Comment

well i love the look of the Kuhmo kl17's but cant find them in 35x12.5x15 anywhere?

Comment

well i love the look of the Kuhmo kl17's but cant find them in 35x12.5x15 anywhere?
                    http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...6b0s2227p12126

Comment

http://www.devon4x4.com/component/op...ons,yes/?cat=5
                      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

hello phantom.
                        how much would u want to do a 4" susp and a 3" body lift again m8?

Comment

goodcat- did you see my post at the bottom of page one with a link to 35" kumhos?

Comment

i do now! lol

begining to change my mind about them now. they look great for a road car but on a 4x4 they look a bit wimpy if ya know what i mean.
                            starting to lean (for now) towards the BFG AT's. seems sensible at the mo.
                            unless anyone can recomend any other decent all round tyres.
                            ill save my money for the proper off road tyres when i get another run about to use during the week coz at the mo im in the surf and it would just eat through off road tyres!

Comment

i do now! lol

begining to change my mind about them now. they look great for a road car but on a 4x4 they look a bit wimpy if ya know what i mean.
                              starting to lean (for now) towards the BFG AT's. seems sensible at the mo.
                              unless anyone can recomend any other decent all round tyres.
                              ill save my money for the proper off road tyres when i get another run about to use during the week coz at the mo im in the surf and it would just eat through off road tyres!

Thats exactly what im talking about mate, that is why you need to slow down.

a KL71 is a 4x4 tyre. Its a bulky lil bar$tard that performs almost as well as a BFG.
                              There is no damn point spending £500+ on BFG AT's to just get rid of them later. Hardly anyone wants a 35" tyre so 2nd hand they are worth ... JACK ALL!!

Go an get your run around next weekend mate, your going to waste a lot of time an money otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X