yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i find out what width my wheels are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what r the danger sides of doing this then?
    obviously i dont want to do it if it carries a greater risk of rolling the tyres off the rim!?

Comment

Hello mate
      You could always go and see the guys at ajs tyres at the m25 end of the A217 They're pretty helpful and have a decent stock.

To get there follow the A217 up to the M25 roundabout, turn around, come back down the A217 and look for a small turn off to the left before the first roundabout. Theres a sign for them.

Went up Beggars lane the other day and remebered bumping into you. Still cant believe you got as for as you did!

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
        Hello mate
        You could always go and see the guys at ajs tyres at the m25 end of the A217 They're pretty helpful and have a decent stock.

To get there follow the A217 up to the M25 roundabout, turn around, come back down the A217 and look for a small turn off to the left before the first roundabout. Theres a sign for them.

Went up Beggars lane the other day and remebered bumping into you. Still cant believe you got as for as you did!
        hello m8.
        yeah i know the place ur talking about. completely 4got about that place. easy to miss as they only have a little yello 4x4 tyre sign at the end of their drive.

and yeah well ya know. what can i say....it took alot of grit and guts to get that far up with my particular surf............but mostly stupidity!

Comment

this was me comming down.........BACKWARDS! LOL
          [/IMG]

Comment

http://

Comment

only flicked through this thread, but one way of finding the width of your existing wheels is to place a piece of wood across the wheel rim (not the tyre) both sides of the wheel and measure the gap between the inside of the wood edges through the centre of the wheel or any other gaps for that matter.

Comment

I can tell you now that they are no good for the big wide tyres you want to run.

Slow it down a touch mate, your a headless chicken with this. I can understand your excited but you just need to take 5 mins to work out what you want!!

Comment

cheers for ur concern rod m8.
                  thats y im asking all the questions so i can make a sensible decision come purchase day.

so u reckon 35" with a 4" susp and 3" body lift will be ok in regards to rubbing on the arches?
                  or shall i just take them off or trim them up. not fussed either way.

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                    cheers for ur concern rod m8.
                    thats y im asking all the questions so i can make a sensible decision come purchase day.

so u reckon 35" with a 4" susp and 3" body lift will be ok in regards to rubbing on the arches?
                    or shall i just take them off or trim them up. not fussed either way.
                    I personally feel that the 7" lift with 35"s makes them look a bit lost but ive lost a fair bit of articulation due to the lower lift at 5.5"

I just want you to get it right mate, you can tell me to pi$$ off!

with a 7" lift they will be fine. You might even be able to fit wheel spacers at the end of it to make it look wide as ...

Dont know your budget but.. you could look into getting some 36x12.50 Simex extreme trekker 2's.

Will help with the slight loss of proportion an they are aggressive as hell!!!
                    Would look great if you go ahead with the roll cage etc mate.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                      I personally feel that the 7" lift with 35"s makes them look a bit lost but ive lost a fair bit of articulation due to the lower lift at 5.5"

I just want you to get it right mate, you can tell me to pi$$ off!

with a 7" lift they will be fine. You might even be able to fit wheel spacers at the end of it to make it look wide as ...

Dont know your budget but.. you could look into getting some 36x12.50 Simex extreme trekker 2's.

Will help with the slight loss of proportion an they are aggressive as hell!!!
                      Would look great if you go ahead with the roll cage etc mate.
                      pi$$ off!!!lololololol

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                        pi$$ off!!!lololololol
                        Not you, you t1t!

Hows things mate?!

Comment

wont tell u to #### of m8. on the contrery...
                          and what do u mean by looking a bit lost? u mean they will be too small?! was origionally gona get 37's but that little bit more will almost cost me double in price!
                          i just want the biggest i can get in there without any rubbing.
                          do u know of any decent wheel arch extension kits m8? ive seen some in the USA but none in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                            Not you, you t1t!

Hows things mate?!
                            knackered http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=48088
                            rest for next 5 days tho..........aslong as frickin fridge works

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                              wont tell u to #### of m8. on the contrery...
                              and what do u mean by looking a bit lost? u mean they will be too small?! was origionally gona get 37's but that little bit more will almost cost me double in price!
                              i just want the biggest i can get in there without any rubbing.
                              do u know of any decent wheel arch extension kits m8? ive seen some in the USA but none in the UK.
                              True, they are more expensive. Its a tough call mate. Fingers crossed you'll only do this once. rather then a hit an miss approach.

an yeah but thats just my opinion they look a lil lost.

It would probably look good with a 7" lift, 35" tyres an some 10" wide rims with wheel spacers. Would make the stance pretty damn wide.

As for arches in the Uk. Hard to find.

L.A.Supertrux were working on some, not sure how thats going.
                              Bushwacker (not the user here... he has an H) make some but not the cool pocket types... just similar to what we already have.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                                knackered http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=48088
                                rest for next 5 days tho..........aslong as frickin fridge works
                                Ahh didnt spot that earlier.

You should pop round on your way home an check out my Surf now its (pretty much) finished!! If your only doing saturday at MM i might not see you there mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X