a reliable savings bank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a reliable savings bank?

halloo.. i need to find a good interest savings bank where i can readily access the money if an emergency happens.
    does anyone have this type of account and can point me in the right direction?

i did open an account with alliance-leicester but what a bunch of idiots they are. and they are very rude on the phone, and talk to you like crap. only reason i signed up with them was because they were offering 12% interest on current accounts.

so it cannot be alliance-leicester or abbey national (so no one that is owned by them spaniards)
    the reason abbey is a no, is that my mum had fraud commited on her account, they wiped the account clean from 2 atm's (£260) and abbey refused to credit the account and said it was my mums fault.. what sort of a bank is that!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Have a look on the moneysavingexpert site for recommendations they are brilliant

Comment

cheers mate
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

The word reliable AND the word bank in the same sentence.

Fancy that!

Time is an illusion.
        Lunchtime doubly so.

Comment

piggy bank

Comment

Originally posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
            The word reliable AND the word bank in the same sentence.

Fancy that!

i know, its sad....
            do u know once, i opened an account with abbey and i told them i didnt want any direct debits coming from that bank because i get paid into the natwest bank and i need the debits to come from there.
            i opened the abbey account with £2000 that was a 21st birthday present from from my grandad who i never see as he lives in australia.
            somehow they managed to tranfer all my direct debits, but there were some bills that were done by switch card, so when i was checking my balance and spending the money i had in the natwest accound thinking my bills were being paid, they were, but out of my savings!!!
            it was ages before i realised

bar stewards
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

get some premium bonds more fun than a bank account for a small amount!

i did have an account with northern rock in guernsey, but obviously no need nowadays cos i'm skint... that was very good interest, but not really sure how they stand at the moment!!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

under the bed?
                Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
                X