110f!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110f!!!!!!!!!!

Just looked at the outside temperature thingy thats on our rear porch, and it's reading 110 degrees F!
    Granted the sun is on it at this time of day, but it is fixed in such a way that air/wind can still get at it, but 110 degrees??? No wonder my syrup keeps sliding off!

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Just looked at the outside temperature thingy thats on our rear porch, and it's reading 110 degrees F!
    Granted the sun is on it at this time of day, but it is fixed in such a way that air/wind can still get at it, but 110 degrees??? No wonder my syrup keeps sliding off!
    i take your planning on another littleun then Vince or have i got the wrong idea and you mean sliding off the knife......
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      i take your planning on another littleun then Vince or have i got the wrong idea and you mean sliding off the knife......

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk.../syrup_of_figs

Comment

Wind will have little effect (unless it's Woodzies)

You need to put thermometers in the shade or they dont read correctly.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Wind will have little effect (unless it's Woodzies)

You need to put thermometers in the shade or they dont read correctly.
          Yeah, it is normally in the shade, but from 6pm onwards it's in direct sunlight.
          @ 3pm this afternoon it was reading 95f.

Comment

Yep, its been warm. My digital thermo sensor (in the shade) was reading 28C at 3pm.

Comment

110F bah thats nothing.. try 124F a couple of weeks ago in phoenix!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Yep, its been warm. My digital thermo sensor (in the shade) was reading 28C at 3pm.
                Real blokes use glass thermo's.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                  110F bah thats nothing.. try 124F a couple of weeks ago in phoenix!

Try Yuma - South West of Phoenix - in July / August. Doesn't get much cooler than that at night. Spent a couple of months there over the years and you NEVER get used to that heat!

The hotel was OK though.

Last edited by Apache; 27 July 2008, 23:38.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                    Real blokes use glass thermo's.
                    I've got a stainless steel one now, only holds two mugs of coffee though.

Comment

I've got a stainless steel one now, only holds two mugs of coffee though.
                      Tart.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                        Real blokes use gas thermo's.
                        To match your BBQ I suppose?

Comment

hehehe!! The hitcher......
                          Attached Files

Comment

Try Yuma - South West of Phoenix - in July / August. Doesn't get much cooler than that at night. Spent a couple of months there over the years and you NEVER get used to that heat!

The hotel was OK though.

i know! when i was out there it was 31C at night up until about 2 - 3am and then it would drop to lowest of about 84F as it said in the car.
                            it was way too hot for me. you hope the wind dont blow because its like a hairdryer. and dont walk passed any cars with their engines running... as we left the hoover dam, the hummer we had got to 3/4 on the temperature gauge!
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

No wonder i'm knackered then, certainly chose the wrong weekend to help my son in law lay concrete patio, we wer'nt a million miles from you i think Vince, just outside Wotton Basset nr Swindon, saw the signs to Newport south wales about 60 odd miles further on,
                              at least i outlasted the mixer, it broke down on the last mix!, two bays out of three done, back up there next saturday, i cant wait!!!
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X