for those that are making their own Bio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for those that are making their own Bio

Just be careful guys - don't do what this guy has done.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

what the hell was he doing with caustic soda???

look, veg oil, filters and white spirit is all you need.
    i do feel sorry for him though
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

You mix caustic soda with methanol to make methoxide and mix this with veg oil to make biodiesel.
      Safe as long as you are very careful and every thing is ventilated and you dont spill any on the floor, yourself or the dog.

Quite a lot of the accidents happen from people accidentally switching on the immersion heater when the reactor is empty which once hot does a nice job of igniting the fumes left over from the processing.

In this case had he been using a pump rather than a drill and an enclosed closed topped system (i.e. no fumes to ignite) it may not have happened though pumps that aren't sparkless are still not perfect

There are so many 'how to's' on the net that use dangerous practices and lots of home bio processors on fleabay and other sites which are accidents waiting to happen.

Heres the vegoildiesel lots thoughts
      http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/...d.php?tid=8052

Comment

thanks for the info on this!
        but is it worth it... look at what happened to that bloke from batman when he got burned
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

You know what'll come from this don't you....government stopping people making their own biofuel
          Gaz

Comment

Working...
          X