No announcement yet.

2.4 or 3L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno whether 'park' releases things in the same way neutral does, but as I said, you should be in NEUTRAL in the main box before moving the transfer lever.

Dont ask about the red button, thats sure to rile people. Really, just use the search button for the obvious stuff. Saves filling the threads with stuff thats been asked and answered a million times.

Also, when you come out of 4WD, I've noticed the light doesn't go off until you start to move and the ADD releases, so if you were just sat there switching the thing into and out of 4WD, nothing would have happened. You do know about high range 4WD? Button on the side of the lever?

Best of luck on your search for a decent truck.
    Last edited by Apache; 27 July 2008, 23:26.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Ok, cheers for that.

I've educated now myself by looking through some threads about transmission (and red buttons labled in Japanese).

Andy/BreakdownTruck... Would you want to take a look with me at the 2.4 in Patcham on monday 28th in the evening or next weekend? Don't worry about it if you can't manage it, I know it's short notice. If you could though, PM me your number and i'll give you a bell.

Cheers.

Comment

Just to add my bit..........

Before shifting any of the levers, always have the footbrake pressed. Mainly for safety but also there's an interlock switch wire into the brake pedal mechanism.
        You can also shift into 4WD high ratio on the move (40mph max) by pressing the button on the side of the transfer lever. (Only on loose surfaces obviously)

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
          Ok, cheers for that.

I've educated now myself by looking through some threads about transmission (and red buttons labled in Japanese).

Andy/BreakdownTruck... Would you want to take a look with me at the 2.4 in Patcham on monday 28th in the evening or next weekend? Don't worry about it if you can't manage it, I know it's short notice. If you could though, PM me your number and i'll give you a bell.

Cheers.
          hi mate,can't pm as you havent subscribed yet,cant do monday as ill be on holiday,could do thurs evenin this week,or saturday at sum point?
          my number is 07504981973

Comment

Working...
          X