suicide pidgeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suicide pidgeon

this morning when i was walkin to the train, i was walking under a bridge and i see a pidgeon by the curb looking out towards the middle of the road.
    i could see it looking and it took a few steps out. a car missed it by about 30cm, and instead of flapping its wings and running off it stood there waiting for the car to pass.
    it then took a few more steps right into the front passenger wheel of the car was a few seconds behind the previous one.

i could see it happening. i see the pidgeon with a strange look on its face. im pretty sure it knew exactly what it was doing.
    and the worst thing was i was only about a metre or two away from it. i had to jog a bit to get away from it in case i got splattered. the sound was a bit like breaking a large stick that was slightly wet..

im scarred for life.

how bad must it be for a pidgeon to just end it all
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Must have been a Labour supporter ........

Pity Uncle Gordon hasn't emulated it !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Have you seen the tax on seed?
      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Can't believe you didn't try to shoo it away, at least.

And why do people not drive cautiously when there are birds or animals around?

Comment

It could have been dazed from being hit by previous car - why didn't you try an save it?

Says alot about your thoughts at that time to interpret it the way you did. Having a hard time at the mo?
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

must of been one of those from trafalgar square
            yeah tony why didn't you dive in front of the car and save the pidgeon ,

hmmm pidgeon pie
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

a magpie flew into my windscren once and got stuck to the wiper!!...

it stared at me for the next 50 miles, then fell off when i slowed down.
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post

fair enough if there's cows' sheep or horses in the road... but you never know when a wild animal's gonna appear.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                  a magpie flew into my windscren once and got stuck to the wiper!!...

it stared at me for the next 50 miles, then fell off when i slowed down.
                  wow i cant believe you drove 50 mile

and didn't squirt it with your w/washer
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

fair enough if there's cows' sheep or horses in the road... but you never know when a wild animal's gonna appear.
                    Like a pidgeon sat on the kerb eh

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                      Like a pidgeon sat on the kerb eh
                      don't think there's a warning sign for that one!... generally considered vermin, so they're good for the squishing!

Comment

don't think there's a warning sign for that one!... generally considered vermin, so they're good for the squishing!

Comment

generally considered vermin, so they're good for the squishing!
                          What bollox. It costs nothing to show a bit of caution. Would you say the same if it was a bairn playing at the side of the road? I've encountered cartloads of kamikaze birds in the past, and I've never hit one yet. The pigeon obviously didn't leap out unexpectedly, judging by the description. Can't be arsed drivers where animals are concerned really get on my......................

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                            Can't believe you didn't try to shoo it away, at least.

if i had shoooed it, it would of gone into the road further. i coudnt believe what happened... it waited for the 1st car to pass, so it could walk under the next one. im certain of it.
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

exactly my point! we were off road green laning one friday evening last year, and it got dark about 9:30pm that time..
                              so we headed home from dorking, and i was going down the national speed limit roads. as i came down this road there was a ###### great big deer by the side. i hit the brakes really hard but made sure i wouldnt lock up, and ended up going past it about 20-30mph,,, but the fecker ran towards the truck!!
                              i was in the bush so i didnt hit it, but im pretty sure i got its nose
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X