Ooooohhh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF View Post
    The flip side of that also describes that abortion above which Apache says is an engineering marvel. FFS, if that takes a true engineer to do, thank chuff he thinks I'm a hairdresser. That is the type of technical prowess you would expect to see emerging from the workshop of an amateur. The form is neither complete nor robust, judging by that picture above.
    How the hell can you say that, I mea......................... oh sorry I thought you were talking about Jessica for a minute then!

Comment

Originally posted by jelsplace View Post
      How the hell can you say that, I mea......................... oh sorry I thought you were talking about Jessica for a minute then!
      T'was a two page time lag post.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sancho;472591]
        Originally posted by Apache View Post

It was cheaper, had a tighter turning radius, was a more stable platform for the guns and you could actually see out of it.

Hurricanes accounted for 80% of kills in the Battle of Britain. That counts as 'better' to me.
        Probably because there was 80% more of them!

Tighter turning radius cos it could fly slower because of its thicker wing. First law of dogfighting = preserve energy, in other words turn fast and maintain your ability to get the hell out of there if jonny foreigner gets himself into a shooting position.

Spitfire was the better fighter plane. Hurricane was cheaper (and potentially tougher because it was simpler) and there were far more so obviously would register more kills.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
          That is an ability only a few possess, where they do not become bound by their specific primary vocation, but instead try and merge the best attributes of all.

The flip side of that also describes that abortion above which Apache says is an engineering marvel. FFS, if that takes a true engineer to do, thank chuff he thinks I'm a hairdresser. That is the type of technical prowess you would expect to see emerging from the workshop of an amateur. The form is neither complete nor robust, judging by that picture above.
          What the feckin hell are you taking about, Mr Tresemme?
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            What the feckin hell are you taking about, Mr Tresemme?
            When it comes to disagreeing on that being an engineering masterpiece, sod the hairdresser jokes and just call me Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
            X