which big tyre?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
    i know u all make sense. its just that because ive got nothing else to drive at the mo (other than the transit....great) i need to drive my surf on the road. but it will be some time b4 i get another car and in the meantime i will be wanting to go off-road on the weekends.
    i love the look of the Kuhmos KL71!
    basically.....(for the time being) i need a sexy tyre that i can use off road on the weekends and on-road during the week.
    then will upgrade to full on off-road tyres when i get another car.
    sorry to be so fussy! lol
    I think kl71s are in 35" size now. They seem to be a good on road mud terrain tyre. just get a set of them an dont worry about getting anything else for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
      I think kl71s are in 35" size now. They seem to be a good on road mud terrain tyre. just get a set of them an dont worry about getting anything else for a while.
      any idea as to the wear rate with these tyres m8? Ta.

Comment

was having a Johnathon Ross moment there for a second! lol

Comment

There not the best but they aint bad, one member GWH200 has done a fair few miles on his set.

From the sounds of it your going to be pouring a shit load of money into this surf mate.

Leather interior could be interestingly expensive. Door cards aint a proplem but retrimming seats can be big ££.

If your going for a 7" lift thats going to be £1100 on parts alone. Wheels and tyres...

Personally a 7" lift on 35"s will look very tall an narrow..

Id be looking for something wider then a 12.50 if i was going for any kind of show truck... but too wide an you'll want 15"x12" wheels an then thats more money!

go onto www.yotatech.com an do a search on the forums for 'pics' or something an have a hunt around there for trucks that suit what you like.

Comment

hi Rod.
            worked out about £3500 for the lift + tyres + fitting
            £3000 if i do it all myself.
            hadnt priced for the interior yet. i was gona do the dash and door cards myself and get the seats done professionally.
            any ideas where to go for this m8? Ta.
            Jay.

Comment

hi Rod.
              worked out about £3500 for the lift + tyres + fitting
              £3000 if i do it all myself.
              hadnt priced for the interior yet. i was gona do the dash and door cards myself and get the seats done professionally.
              any ideas where to go for this m8? Ta.
              Jay.
              Whats your break down on costs?!

£3500 sounds about right considering you'll be going for the 4" sus lift.

Just depends on you wheel an tyre selection.

Comment

£1000 tyres
                £1200 susp lift
                £300 body lift
                £1000 fitting

should be able to save on cheaper tyres and some fitting myself.

and for wheels ill just use them silly chrome things i got on at the mo. unless they arent wide enough? will have to check.
                ideally will but new ones dependsing on how much i save and spend?

im starting to fall in love with a leaf spring conversion or a stiff axle job! lol
                i need to stop it! lol

Comment

£1000 tyres
                  £1200 susp lift
                  £300 body lift
                  £1000 fitting

should be able to save on cheaper tyres and some fitting myself.

and for wheels ill just use them silly chrome things i got on at the mo. unless they arent wide enough? will have to check.
                  ideally will but new ones dependsing on how much i save and spend?

im starting to fall in love with a leaf spring conversion or a stiff axle job! lol
                  i need to stop it! lol
                  I would put my neck on the line an say your current wheels are far to small. they wont be anywhere near wide enough. So even if you go for steel wheels thats £60 a wheel..

I paid just under £1200 for my 5 wheels an tyres thats BFG mud's. an expensive tyre thats more available then the other makes

Check out www.summitracing.com
                  you can import tyres from them... some crazy sizes for not much money!

Comment

yeah i doubt they'd be wide enough.
                    and cheers for all the links m8!
                    i appreciate all ur time.
                    cant wait to get it all done! looking atend of the summer at this rate tho

Comment

Dont want to p1ss on your bonfire mate, but 'a sexy paint job' will last about 5 minutes if you are gonna take it 'offroad at the weekends'.

Most of the guys I go laning with are sporting big long scratches from bushes, generally scuffing from grit in mud, and dings from stones.

If you're gonna spend a load on a nice paintjob, I'd keep the truck for posing or you'll be rueing the day you spend your kids inheritance on two-pack.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

No worries mate.

do some research into the 4" sus lift mate. From what ive found from looking at dodge ram kits they can be fairly complex.

You might wanna sort out gettin some mates round to help or booking it in at a garage for the work.

Comment

I wanted to get goodrich AT's but cant find them anywhere in the country (35" ones that is).
                          I have a set of Buckshot mudders MT which are 60/40 offroad and they are ok on the road most of the time but if I could ever get a set of BFG's I would but everyone I asked said yes at first, then when they looked into it they had none and did not know when they would get more in.
                          So just be warned, if you want 50/50 tyres or more road use tyres 35" is not really the size to go fo.

Comment

i'd be intrested in your wheels

Comment

hello guys.

Apache:
                              i was thinking about a Matt Black paint job. that way it will kinda look cool/evil and will be able to get away with a few scratches and dings here and there. people will just think when ive got it painted that its a cool and something different and when the chips and sratches come, people will just think, "oh well it doesnt matter, thats y he's got a shit paint job!" haha.

Rodleach:
                              yeah think ill get a garage to do the susp lift. me and me m8 can do it but just not got the space or the time to blitz it, and i cant have it off the road too long as i need to drive it.

breakdowntruck:
                              erm dont think u will m8. they look ok from a distance but close up i think at least 2/4 need a refurb. so does the spare on the back. tyres are 80% new tho. can email u some pics of the wheels if u want tho m8? but by the time ill be selling them, the tyres will prob be half worn, maybe more? let me know m8.

Comment

oh and truckarms, cheers for the heads up m8. will do my research b4 placing an order with just anybody.

Comment

Working...
                                X