which big tyre?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which big tyre?

just going throught the boring process of searching through the net to find what 35" tyre is best. i dont want the most expensive but i dont want the cheapest. has to look the huts too tho!
    just wanted any opinions of decent tyres. hopefully will get a few more brand names thrown into the mix so i can research them.
    cheers guys.

Give Silverline a call, they have a big choice and give advice too,

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

huts????

You need to speak to RodLeach, he's done all the legwork re; 35"s

Comment

nice one cheers guys!

Comment

will give them both a ding soon.
          in the meantime my budget is 150-200 quid per tyre if any1else has any suggestions.
          ta.
          Jay

Comment

depends what you want the tyre to do, solely for use in the mud i'd be looking at something like http://www.devon4x4.com/component/op...owcaticons,yes http://www.devon4x4.com/component/op...owcaticons,yes with your budget, both are absolutely shocking on the road though. A better tyre if it's ever going to see tarmac would be the BFG's or maybe these, http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/Discoverer_STT.html well rated and reasonably priced, a very similar tyre to the BFGs IMO. If it's never gonna see mud though, stick to an AT, BFG again would probably be a wise choice, until you get a puncture at 6,000 miles and they won't repair it coz it's in the wrong place or something.

Also well rated and very reasonably priced are kumhos http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/Ku..._Of_Tyres.html they'll wear quicker than the BFGS and coopers ( 2 if not 3 times quicker) but not as quick as the interco or simex muds.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Nero has pretty much nailed it.

You need to say what your plan for the truck is mate.

Show / daily driver / off road

I went for BFG mt's because they are pretty much THE best all rounder.

Some of the other options that nero has posted up are very viable but highly dependant on what your main use is.

If your splashing out £200 on a tyre you dont want to have to change it every 5000 miles. Interco tyres are VERY VERY soft. an for there sizing they are normally oversized. a 35x12.50 could easily be a 35.9x13.00 vs. the bfg 35x12.50 reading in at just 34.8" tall.

You'll need to take into account EXACT sizes dependant on your lift. My 35" bfgs are only a little bit bigger then a Interco Super swamper TSL in a 33" size.

Have you worked out what kind of height lift your going to be installing? If your going as high as youve hinted at a 35" tyre will be dwarfed.

If your going for show then wider looks nicer. check out some Micky thompson Baja claw tyres aswell as the Icelandic choice of GroundHawgs.
              I believe you can get a 35x14 or similar, that on a decent wide rim with plenty of negative offset will give fantastic show looks but pi$$ poor offroad characteristics.

let us know what useage you want from the truck an how much cash you have in your wallet... Believe me!! Doing this will take a healty chunk out of it with almost no benefits in resale... Only a handful of people will want your truck once your done with it.. an they wont pay a lot either

Comment

cheers for that guys.
                basically im a typical guy that wants it all......
                at the mo my plans r to do a 3" body lift with a 4" susp lift and get whichever size tyres will be best suited for this size lift??
                the tyre must:
                be agreesive and look the nuts and (untill i get another day to day car) be 60% on and 40% off-road.
                then when i get another runabout to use during the week ill be getting full on off road tyres.

oh and was thinking about re-spraying it Matt Black??? any opinions on this?

Comment

cheers 4 all that nero. been on those site b4 but couldnt make my mind up

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                    cheers for that guys.
                    basically im a typical guy that wants it all......
                    at the mo my plans r to do a 3" body lift with a 4" susp lift and get whichever size tyres will be best suited for this size lift??
                    the tyre must:
                    be agreesive and look the nuts and (untill i get another day to day car) be 60% on and 40% off-road.
                    then when i get another runabout to use during the week ill be getting full on off road tyres.

oh and was thinking about re-spraying it Matt Black??? any opinions on this?
                    you wont have an aggressive tyre with 60% on road bias mate.

Do some research into what you like look wise.

spend some time on this one. Dont rush it.

Comment

Trust me on this one -

DO NOT buy a set of Pit Bulls or other aggressive mud tyres if you do a lot of miles on the road. They'll be gone in no time, and you'll end up hating driving long distances.

Get a set of decent ATs, and some cheap big muds for when you REALLY need them, and for when what other people think of you counts more than how the truck is to drive.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Apache is right mate, The big knobbly offroad tyres are pretty poor on the road... an when its wet!! Hell you dont wanna drive some of these tyres in the wet. My BFG Mts have given me a couple of moments to be concerned about.

Goodcat are you just building the truck for show?

Comment

i know u all make sense. its just that because ive got nothing else to drive at the mo (other than the transit....great) i need to drive my surf on the road. but it will be some time b4 i get another car and in the meantime i will be wanting to go off-road on the weekends.
                          i love the look of the Kuhmos KL71!
                          basically.....(for the time being) i need a sexy tyre that i can use off road on the weekends and on-road during the week.
                          then will upgrade to full on off-road tyres when i get another car.
                          sorry to be so fussy! lol

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                            Apache is right mate, The big knobbly offroad tyres are pretty poor on the road... an when its wet!! Hell you dont wanna drive some of these tyres in the wet. My BFG Mts have given me a couple of moments to be concerned about.

Goodcat are you just building the truck for show?

yes and no. almost to show standard but not the whole hog. sexy wheels and paint job. leather interior. ICE. bigish lift.

Comment

oh and cosmetics such as bull bars and lights ect.

Comment

Working...
                              X