Titanium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF View Post
    At that speed, no-one but the biker could honestly be blamed. At that speed, the bike could have been a mere speck when the person decided to pull out. The closing speed obviously was a tad more than normal. That would be hard for anyone to gauge.
    horric site tho,never seen anything like it,i do have pics,but can't/won't post yet,i reckon could end up as a road safety poster

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
      horric site tho,never seen anything like it,i do have pics,but can't/won't post yet,i reckon could end up as a road safety poster
      Don't post them, it's not in anyone's interest.

And as far as the driver not seeing the bike at that speed, what if it was a dual carriageway? Approach speeds would be roughly the same (I doubt the bike was doing 100+ in a 30 zone, irrespective of what the SoCO says). Sorry, but I have absolutely no time or sympathy for car drivers who just don't look.

I've lost count of the number of times they've pulled out in front of me, some of them actually manage eye contact before they pull out. WTF is that all about?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

honestly mate speed was between 100 to 120,mechanical exam today,not exact till they've tested tyre compound etc,they spoke to suzuki today who said they have never seen a gsxr frame snap

Comment

and it was a proper buit up road,i went to school bout 500 yards from the accident

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Sorry, but I have absolutely no time or sympathy for car drivers who just don't look.

I've lost count of the number of times they've pulled out in front of me, some of them actually manage eye contact before they pull out. WTF is that all about?
            That I agree with too. There are far too many inconsiderate bleeders where bikers are concerned. However, no matter which way you look at it, there was but one person to blame if that speed estimate is correct.

One can whinge all day about drivers being gits with cyclists of any shape or form, but one also has to accept the fact that a lot of (motor)cyclists also drive like complete tw@ts too.

There are two sides to every argument.

Comment

Car driver, bike rider, bus driver, van driver, 4 x 4 driver, it's all completely irrelevant which vehicle it is, they don't drive themselves!

There are courteous drivers and ar5eholes, no matter what vehicle they drive.

I saw a motorbike rider, in heavy traffic on the A1, who was overtaking and undertaking in both lanes, causing many cars to swerve and brake to avoid him, (the ones that were lucky enough to see him undertaking anyway!)

I'm sure we could all list examples of good and bad driving practices from all types of drivers.
              Last edited by Scorpion; 22 July 2008, 11:52.
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

All bikers that zoom past Erwlon campsite in Llandovery, are w4nkers!
                Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 22 July 2008, 13:30.

Comment

Amen to that!

I use the A5 a lot and its one of those roads where the lanes are wide enough to overtake when there's traffic coming the other way, if the driver you're overtaking moves left a little.

I am used to moving to the left as a matter of course for bikes. they're faster than me given that the traffic is usually heavy on that road. 99% of the time, its noticed and acknowledged with a wave or a lift of the leg.

However, a few Sundays ago, I was heading south near Oswestry and noticed a bunch of bikes approaching fast, so, as there was traffic coming the other way, I did my usual and moved a little left for them, just as one of them came past me on the LEFT doing what I would estimate to be well over 100mph. I dont know whether I looked in the left mirror, but I sort of sensed he was coming just in time not to take him into the undergrowth and jinked slightly back to the right hoping not to take out the guys coming past on the right at similar speed.

OK, you dont buy a sports bike to pussy around like Grandma, but all the same, if I'd taken any of them out it would have been purely the guy on the left's fault, but I'd have to live with it.

Same in all walks of life - one tw@t gets everyone tarred with the same brush.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Link shamelessly nicked from a post by Nev, but if you bikers want to get yourself really noticed....................... .........

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2625336.html

Comment

bikers acual speed was 126mph

Comment

Andy was the guy actually undertaking you then?
                        if so, what a fooking turd!
                        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                        X