Titanium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
    Yeah, you'll probably get a hundred different opinions. Do you know who the manufacturer of them is? If you are worried then change them. I know nothing about them but do know it all comes down to how or who makes them. Just because they are titanium doesn't mean anything really.
    Yep, there's not one person agreeing with another on this.

They were made by Gilles, so are top notch stuff. Gilles say they are OK (they wouldn't sell them otherwise) and I wasn't concerned about them at all, until the arguments started in the other forum. I don't want them failing when I'm riding. I've bounced on them with the bike on its paddock stands, but I still have this wee nagging doubt.

Maybe easier/safer to just swap them for SS?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

If they snap, they ain't strong enough. If they don't, they are.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
        If they snap, they ain't strong enough. If they don't, they are.
        I wondered where you were

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          I wondered where you were
          Lurking........

Comment

Aye, that's as maybe. But when it was on the ground (where me and my bike are) it leaked like a sieve.
            Irrelevant, unless you're planning on heating up to ~3000C?
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Andy, you are loving this.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Hehehe.

If he's unhappy / lacking confidence in them, swap them for steel. They'll bend rather than break.

But, if they are good quality titanium (an aerospace grade) he's got no worries.

I used to worry about aluminium bike frames (I imagine there's a lot of ally used in sportsbike frames - nowhere near as strong as titanium) but if its properly engineered it aint gonna break.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Hehehe.

If he's unhappy / lacking confidence in them, swap them for steel. They'll bend rather than break.

But, if they are good quality titanium (an aerospace grade) he's got no worries.

I used to worry about aluminium bike frames (I imagine there's a lot of ally used in sportsbike frames - nowhere near as strong as titanium) but if its properly engineered it aint gonna break.
                  talkin of that,at work we have a rather intresting renault laguna,said car has the entire front end of a gxr750(55 reg) literally embedded into the n/s/f wheel arch.frame snapped under tank,i've never seen anything like it,and the bike was goin down a 30mph limit road!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    talkin of that,at work we have a rather intresting renault laguna,said car has the entire front end of a gxr750(55 reg) literally embedded into the n/s/f wheel arch.frame snapped under tank,i've never seen anything like it,and the bike was goin down a 30mph limit road!
                    So the Laguna driver drove out in front of the bike?

Comment

So the Laguna driver drove out in front of the bike?
                      certainly did,BUT it was on dead straight road,and soco estimate on speed of bike was 100/120mph,so i can kinda see both sides,although biker is rip

Comment

certainly did,BUT it was on dead straight road,and soco estimate on speed of bike was 100/120mph,so i can kinda see both sides,although biker is rip
                        Hollingbury ?
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                          Hollingbury ?
                          close,ditchling road,just up from fiveways

Comment

Dead straight road and he still couldn't see the bike! What a t0sser.

Comment

where car came out of bend about half mile down the road,wot im saying is a bike doin 30 he would hve seen,a bike doin 120,he could have looked left then right and moved,but not seen bike,don't get me wrong ive been knocked off in the past,but bike rider was a local,i think tbh he was at fault

Comment

At that speed, no-one but the biker could honestly be blamed. At that speed, the bike could have been a mere speck when the person decided to pull out. The closing speed obviously was a tad more than normal. That would be hard for anyone to gauge.

Comment

Working...
                                X