Titanium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Is he... erm... 'miniature' then?

By the way, can you tell me what the hell 'Daangergozlow' is now? I had to work in the deepest secrecy with those stickers.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

no he's bigger than a big biffer! lol!

I could tell ya but you would need to come to Scotland first.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Notwithstanding all the hype, do you trust it?

My bike peg mountings are Titanium, I still worry about something so light being strong enough to take mt weight!
        I'd just like to say what a pleasure it is to read such a well researched thread.

Comment

I always find it slightly amusing (particularly in the MTB world) that people will spend a fortune on a bunch of titanium bolts to save 20g over the stock bolts, and then add 16 stone to the bike when they get on
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            I always find it slightly amusing (particularly in the MTB world) that people will spend a fortune on a bunch of titanium bolts to save 20g over the stock bolts, and then add 16 stone to the bike when they get on
            I didn't get them for the weight, they came with my new rearsets. I got the rearsets to move my pegs down and back a bit.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by tavvi View Post
              I'd just like to say what a pleasure it is to read such a well researched thread.
              I researched it to death, there's absolutely nothing on here about the strength of titanium and its suitability for use on 'bike peg mountings.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                Lockheed saw fit to build the SR-71 out of it. Titanium, not leather pants. If its man enough to stay in one piece during the forces experienced at mach 3, its strong enough to support a fat biffer on a bike
                Aye, that's as maybe. But when it was on the ground (where me and my bike are) it leaked like a sieve.

Comment

I researched it to death, there's absolutely nothing on here about the strength of titanium and its suitability for use on 'bike peg mountings.
                  To death! May I suggest Malwarebytes anti-malware software or a similar variant - it seems you've got a particularly unusual browser hijacker that always points you to this forum. Believe me - there's more to the internet than this forum - and there's plenty out there on the strength of titanium. This is the first entry that was returned on a google search:

http://education.jlab.org/itselemental/ele022.html

Comment

- and there's plenty out there on the strength of titanium. This is the first entry that was returned on a google search:

Very interesting, but totally useless in determining whether the pegs will withstand the forces exerted on them. They may be made of titanium but there's more to it than that.

Nev
                    Last edited by NiftyNev; 21 July 2008, 11:42.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                      Very interesting, but totally useless in determining whether the pegs will withsand the forces exerted on them. They may be made of titanium but there's more to it than that.

Nev
                      Quite - my completely randomly chosen site will not allow such a specific point to be determined. My interpretation of "something so light" in the original post was that there was a strong comparative element to the question - and that even the first site encountered might be enough to set the browser's mind at ease that titanium was less to worry about than more commonly used materials - thus settling the question with a simple google. I apologise if I have misinterpreted the question. However, I suggest that if the most basic search does not settle the question about the reliability of titanium then heaven help us with steel and aluminium.

Comment

Notwithstanding all the hype, do you trust it?

My bike peg mountings are Titanium, I still worry about something so light being strong enough to take mt weight!
                        You're just jelous.
                        Andy, remember those posts when you've made cutting remarks regarding my spelling?

It's payback time!
                        Last edited by Scorpion; 21 July 2008, 10:58.
                        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                          Andy, remember those posts when you've made cutting remarks regarding my spelling?

It's payback time!
                          But you were sober, I had beer in me.

Comment

To death! May I suggest Malwarebytes anti-malware software or a similar variant - it seems you've got a particularly unusual browser hijacker that always points you to this forum. Believe me - there's more to the internet than this forum - and there's plenty out there on the strength of titanium. This is the first entry that was returned on a google search:

Yep, to death! My PC is running just tickety-boo thanks, nothing untoward.

As Nev said, all interesting stuff, but nothing on there or anywhere I looked answered my question re suitability for use on my peg mountings.

The question I asked has been raised on another forum, with much debate ensuing. I thought I'd ask here to see what you all thought.

Comment

But you were sober, I had beer in me.
                              My spelling mistakes were also due to the influence of alcohol.
                              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

The question I asked has been raised on another forum, with much debate ensuing
                                Yeah, you'll probably get a hundred different opinions. Do you know who the manufacturer of them is? If you are worried then change them. I know nothing about them but do know it all comes down to how or who makes them. Just because they are titanium doesn't mean anything really.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                                X