Veg Oil - Secret Discount At Makro!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg Oil - Secret Discount At Makro!!!

listen very carefully - I shall say this only once..........
    Went to my local Makro the other day (tyne and wear) to stock up on veg oil.
    I loaded my trolley with 18 cartons watched by a Makro employee. As i was about to walk away from the isle - the employee stopped me and asked me kindly if i would like to put half of them back. He went on to explain that due to so many farmers/gypsies/builders etc coming in and clearing the shelves of all stock in one go to run trucks etc, - Makro have now introduced a discount if you buy 9 or less. He obviously mistook me for a caterer and told me to keep it to myself -as only the "regular" catering customers know about it.
    apparently if you buy 10 or more drums of veg you get no discount at all and pay full price on ALL your drums - but buy 9 or less and get a discount on ALL of the drums you buy.
    So bought only nine and got just over 7 quid back.
    later worked this out to be a saving of 4p per litre or £2.60 per tank - doesn't sound a lot but over a year can be quite a bit towards road tax/service etc and nine cartons just fit comfortably in the boot without dropping rear seats.
    you can if you wish go back into shop and buy another nine straight away.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Nice info mate. So how big were the cartons and how much were they before and after the discount?

Still find Costco the cheapest at £17.59 for 20 litres.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

20 litre boxed plastic cartons KTC veg oil. normally just over £18 each minus 80p ish discount.
      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

That settles it! i'm going to get apache to make two " star of india" finest indian cusine stickers for me truck
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

so how many times did you go in and out of makro that day nice one on the tip
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
          X