i want 33" tyres, but which ones???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    I get a tiny bit of rubbing on full lock with BFG AT 33s on the same lift as you're gonna end up with, so I suspect 35s will be a no-go if you want to turn corners, though maybe a rounder tyre carcass would be OK. BFG ATs are very square.

I personally would not be happy putting 35s on my truck without re-gearing, but its a personal choice. I need to be able to drive up hills without recourse to Low-4 There *is* whatever anyone says, a noticeable difference in engine effort on hills between 31s and 33s, so there will be a further difference on 35s.

As regards cheaper tyres, have you tried the guy I got my BFGs from? I mentioned him in the 'tyres' section. If you're not offroading much, and 'green-lane' rather than pay and play, I would suggest ATs or one of the less aggressive mud tyres (KL71 or such) would be a better bet than full muds. This is coming from someone who lived with Mudzillas on the truck for 9 months. The BFGs have been a revelation in handling, speed and fuel consumption!
    yer i dont really want 35's, i meen they do look great but i do like to play and as i live on a ###### steep hill and as you say i will need LOW.
    Last edited by surf-wejd; 17 July 2008, 21:03.

Comment

i think i will go for the 33" bfg at's or the khumo 33", but which one?

Comment

Working...
      X