Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want 33" tyres, but which ones???

hi all,
    im after some new tyres for my girl, im lookin at some 33x12.5, i would like some 35's but i think they will totaly kill my speed and mpg.
    anyway just wondering what tyres all of you guy's think i should go for, bfg, colway, maxxis, greenway so many choices.
    i dont go off roading that much so i dont need anything to agresive, more of an AT tyre is whit i need.
    chers will
    Last edited by surf-wejd; 17 July 2008, 20:15.

Most go for KHUMO muds and bfg A/T's
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
      Most go for KHUMO muds and bfg A/T's
      i was looking at the bfg at's but i think they are a bit pricey, i know they last ages and im running 31" bfg at's at the mo and they are great.
      which khumo's would that be, i have seen quite a few in there range?

Comment

just found some 33x12.5 15 for £102 ex vat each, so £408 ex vat and £479 with vat. went through the landrover sites, they are on paddockspares.com.
        has anyone seen them for less?

Comment

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...d=m26b0s1676p0

what would you do with out me 'ey!?

Comment

Khumo kl71 i think........ i have bfg a/t's 31's ...they were £430 for 5 at micheldelver tyres nr basingstoke
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
              http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...d=m26b0s1676p0

what would you do with out me 'ey!?
              well on there the bfg's are more pricey at £498.40, and the same with the khumo's at £360, sorry rodleach

Comment

Originally posted by surf-wejd View Post
                well on there the bfg's are more pricey at £498.40, and the same with the khumo's at £360, sorry rodleach

Huh!?

EDIT: Im going to check paddock's website... Cheaper then camskill?!!

Comment

Huh!?

those prices are inclusive of V.A.T mate and delivery..
                  good hay! and thats with VAT and delivery, those landy boys have it good.

Comment

Holy sh!t

Sorry mate!! Camskill are normally untouchable on prices.

I think i might go an sit in the corner an cry

Comment

Holy sh!t

Sorry mate!! Camskill are normally untouchable on prices.

I think i might go an sit in the corner an cry
                      no need for that crying in the corner stuff, just praise me every time anybody else askes for tyre help, lol, only joaking. i have spent the last 6 hours looking online to find them.

how to you get on with the 35's with only a 2.3. i should be able to fit them after apahe helps fit my body lift, but dubious still.

Comment

what about these
                        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAXXIS-37X13-5...742.m153.l1262

same prce as there 33's, i dont get it, bit big for me.

Comment

As far as speed is concerned, not that much of an issue really.

I dont have the ECT on which increases speed (a tiny lil bit) But im not exactly a 'boy racer'

To be honest, as far as 35" tyres go. It depends mostly on what kind of offroad use your going to be doing.

Mild greenlanes an splashing about in pay an play sites isnt much of an issue but when you need a wheel to articulate up... well a 33" tyre will go into the wheel well. a 35" tyre will smash stuff up trying its hardest to fit but just being a weeee bit too big.

Im glad i went for 35"s. I have no doubt about that but it has resticted the kind of offroad use its available for. Plus a 35" tyre puts a lot more strain on some components as such for such a big offroad beast its about as frail in places as an OAP's hip.

If your planning on following Apache on some of the stunning routes him an the others do then your going to be better with 33's.

Comment

I get a tiny bit of rubbing on full lock with BFG AT 33s on the same lift as you're gonna end up with, so I suspect 35s will be a no-go if you want to turn corners, though maybe a rounder tyre carcass would be OK. BFG ATs are very square.

I personally would not be happy putting 35s on my truck without re-gearing, but its a personal choice. I need to be able to drive up hills without recourse to Low-4 There *is* whatever anyone says, a noticeable difference in engine effort on hills between 31s and 33s, so there will be a further difference on 35s.

As regards cheaper tyres, have you tried the guy I got my BFGs from? I mentioned him in the 'tyres' section. If you're not offroading much, and 'green-lane' rather than pay and play, I would suggest ATs or one of the less aggressive mud tyres (KL71 or such) would be a better bet than full muds. This is coming from someone who lived with Mudzillas on the truck for 9 months. The BFGs have been a revelation in handling, speed and fuel consumption!
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Just to add my 2penneth, i got my kl71's from Camskill's and have been well happy with them. On road handling is bang on, as for off road the only mud that they aint to good on in clay stuff. On the hole, deffo have them again.

Comment

Working...
                              X