virgin car insurance - insurance help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virgin car insurance - insurance help

i just called my insurance company to change details over from my 2.4 to a 3.0 litre surf... they told me they wont do this as the 3.0 litre is a high risk import

where else can i go for car insurance on a 3.0, im under 25... im sure ive had quotes before, and have been told the 3.0 is the same cost to insure as a 2.4 ????
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Adrian Flux
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Adrian Flux!! as Bio said.

Comment

i will give them a call now, but ive just been reading some bad things about them... but its fine as long as you dont want to modify your policy or change to another vehicle
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          i will give them a call now, but ive just been reading some bad things about them... but its fine as long as you dont want to modify your policy or change to another vehicle
          huh?! You must be mistaken mate

My Surf is on with Adrian flux an i've modded the sh!t out of it. They raised my premium by £50 for declaring EVERYTHING.

I want Adrian flux's babies for the prices they quote me!

Comment

It might be worth joining the Green lane association I think you get a discount with Adrian Flux if you are a member http://www.glass-uk.org/

It would probably save you a fair bit more than the membership fee.

Comment

been with flux 4 years now i reckon, changed vehicles mid term twice, added mods more times than i can count, claimed on a windscreen 2 days after changing to them, got an SP30 since i've been with them and had no problems at all, the only thing to say is that you can spend a while on the phone at times, and the only numbers you can get are national (not premium) rate numbers, but i've never found that to be a problem to be honest, i've only been quoted cheaper by anyone else on one renewal, went back to flux and they bettered it anyway. I'm still under 25 too.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                been with flux 4 years now i reckon, changed vehicles mid term twice, added mods more times than i can count, claimed on a windscreen 2 days after changing to them, got an SP30 since i've been with them and had no problems at all, the only thing to say is that you can spend a while on the phone at times, and the only numbers you can get are national (not premium) rate numbers, but i've never found that to be a problem to be honest, i've only been quoted cheaper by anyone else on one renewal, went back to flux and they bettered it anyway. I'm still under 25 too.
                im on the phone to their 08000 number....
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                  It might be worth joining the Green lane association I think you get a discount with Adrian Flux if you are a member http://www.glass-uk.org/

It would probably save you a fair bit more than the membership fee.
                  hey you live in epsom hi!
                  i will ask about the green lane association , thanks
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Try Quinn Direct.

They were the cheapest for me by far!

HERE

Comment

flick me this is cheap!!!!

i got breakdown cover, £50,000 free legal cover, fully comp, £20,000 personal injury cover (whats this bit for?), for £430.
                      but i might not get the breakdown cover because surfs dont break down...
                      Last edited by dieselboy; 16 July 2008, 12:46.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Flux have been beaten on quote for the last three years running for me by A'Plan.

This year Flux wanted £320, A'Plan want £250.
                        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                          Flux have been beaten on quote for the last three years running for me by A'Plan.

This year Flux wanted £320, A'Plan want £250.
                          do you have a contact number? i could get another quote before i commit
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                            do you have a contact number? i could get another quote before i commit
                            0845 071 1234
                            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Hmm might try Mr Flux too. I am with direct line but they want stupid things like proof of immobilizer and at least 5 years no claims etc, which I aint got so had to get the missus to insure it and have me as named driver.
                              Yippee-Kay-Ay, Melon Farmer.

Comment

Working...
                              X