SURF side sticker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SURF side sticker

how easy is it to remove the great big sticker on the side of the surfs? i think they look better without them.
    has anyone done this, and will it damage or leave marks on the paint / laquer underneath?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

The answer will be a Caramel wheel
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
      The answer will be a Caramel wheel
      cheers..
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

It's a total pain in the arse by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Never done it myself, but have experience of other sticker removal.

Personally, I would try heat with a hairdryer (do you know a 3rd gen owner?) and peel a corner, then spray a proprietry sticker adhesive remover into the exposed area and continue to slowly peel / spray as you go. There *should* be less after effects (ie less clean up time!) using this method.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I'll second the caramel wheel, as that was the method I used. Took one shift at work to do it, followed by a good T cut and polish and she looked much better.
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                nothing is ever easy, and usually things like this, you will end up wishing you had left well alone in the first place
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

thanks fellas.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Bored in lunch break so just found this which may help and gives a link to buying what you need. http://www.uksignboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=129599

also makes you thanks your lucky stars that we have avatars and not photos of ourselves on here. SCAAAARRRYYYYY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                      also makes you thanks your lucky stars that we have avatars and not photos of ourselves on here. SCAAAARRRYYYYY!!!
                      omg! looks like a bunch of police mugshots!
                      who's the bloke in the dark with the cheesey grin and strange look in his eyes? it feel like he wants to touch me in a secret place

cheers for the link btw
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

just done my truck, took a while ,but it was worth it. i used a heat gun ,some t-cut and some adhesive remover. there are a few bits of glue residue left , but nothing bad.

have fun, and lots of patience, alcohol helps( for drinking)

Comment

Working...
                        X