Oh No!!!! MPG Question :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh No!!!! MPG Question :P

So, on average, how much does it cost to fill the tank on your surf, and how many miles does it last you?

Hi
    theres a current thread running on this http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...&highlight=mpg

or have a click through the links at the bottom of this page

Comment

The average mpg my truck has done since it entered the country and entered my loving care, is 21.53mpg.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

my old 2nd gen was a 67ltr tank and would do about 480 kms
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

it costs in the region of £80 empty to full, and i look at the fuel gauge to see when it needs topping up, not the trip meter
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

1996 3rd gen SSR-X 3.0 TD Import, I get on average 29MPG out of a full tank (my best so far is 29.8MPG). 65 litre tank, currently costing me £70 to fill (but usually a full tank for me is between 55 and 60 litres as i don't like to run too low) and on average i get in the region of 350 miles to a tank.
            Last edited by simonlord; 16 July 2008, 13:18. Reason: Thought i better add that it's a 3.0 TD :)

Comment

Best up to now 32.8 and that was both M1 and A and B roads complete with a tail rotor gearbox and two passengers
              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

mine will cost me about £40 to fill up when i mix half diesel and half veg oil
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by simonlord View Post
                  1996 3rd gen SSR-X 3.0 TD Import, I get on average 29MPG out of a full tank (my best so far is 29.8MPG).
                  Thats a very narrow set of values. 29 average and a best of 29.8! Suggests your worst isn't much less either.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I put £80.00 in mine two days ago and there was still some room in the tank.

getting around 450 miles to a tank

i try not to look at how much fuel I'm using as it upsets me

I think about 25 mpg is a good ball park figure for a 3ltr 3gen
                    If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

ive been speaking to someone at work who drives the old landrovers, and when i mentioned my truck was a diesel he had this huge grin and stated he uses veg oil.. he was surprised when i said i had been using it for well over a year now..
                      but what he does is goes to the local chippy, he doesnt let it set, and all he does is filter it twice with something like tights, and then he uses a 50/50 mix of diesel and veg.
                      he puts it straight in the tank, and has done since last year. he hasnt even had to change his filter (i ask did his filter get all clogged up soon after he said no nothing like that has happened)
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I think its more case of engine life being impaired through the fatty acids that are created by the oil being heated in cooking, along with the presence of residual water in the oil helping everything to start getting slowly eaten away.

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                          I think its more case of engine life being impaired through the fatty acids that are created by the oil being heated in cooking, along with the presence of residual water in the oil helping everything to start getting slowly eaten away.
                          what can be eaten away? thinking engine wise, is there anything inside that would be effected? pistons, rings n that sort of thing wouldnt would they?
                          may be more of things like fuel lines, rubber seals etc... so it would only be fuel line / system issues?
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I think the problem with seals etc is more with processed Biodiesel due to its Methoxide content.

I have a nasty feeling that someone who 'knows' rather than 'thinks' will be along shortly to tell you that I'm talking bollux though

Comment

injectors can get worn or blocked by dodgy unclean veg. sludge can accumulate as well.
                              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                              X