Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sold my truck :'(

Hi guys...

Unfortunately Brown has had his way and I have sold the hilux and the supra in favour of one "modern" car (this milenium)....

I'll still pop in and say hello.. just wanted to say thanks for all your help, the offers to pull me out of mud etc etc and genrally being a friendly bunch!

I'm going to really miss the Hilux, its been pretty much faultless over the last year, comfortable reliable and fun! At least its gone to a good mate so I'll still see it about!

Cheers guys!!

Charlie.
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Wont that make you liable for these increases in tax they keep on about??....

(might be selling mine, shortly....)
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Charlie(s).

One more picture of when you took it 'off road' into that boggy field please...

Comment

And another one bites the dust

Must admit am looking to work closer to home or I may have to join the queue and get a ..............fiesta

sorry to hear that you have succumbed , but at least you can say that you owned one of these most treasured machines !

take care
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Get some Jap metal, you know it makes sense.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

shame on you! you will miss it!

must admit i have been eye'ing the landcrusiers on the classifieds. as the prices are dropping fast!
            as my annual mileage in 4runner less than 8k miles a year, as i commute by train so will be keeping a 4x4, and a fiesta is no use round the farm i shoot on

4runner 170k miles, and although i have recently patched it up, lots of rust around it, my aim is to get it to 200k miles if i can, reckon its only worth £750-1000 now anyway due to high mileage and rust
            Landcruiser Colorado
            Sub. Forester

Comment

Well I picked up the new motor today!

Its not japanese I'm afraid, although its *just* about more fuel efficiant then the surf.... and I'm fully aware that people don't like them...

Gutted I the supra and truck had to go to get it... I hope its worth it!

I just have to remember that I can't drive up curbs anymore!!
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

Nice

Hi Charlie, i am guessing its an M3? V8? Very nice motor, We have had 4 BMW's in the past last one was a M5 look-a-like only had it a few weeks, cos it was a manual, hurt Neil's (Hubby) back, so tend to stick to Autos now.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                  Well I picked up the new motor today!

Its not japanese I'm afraid, although its *just* about more fuel efficiant then the surf.... and I'm fully aware that people don't like them...
                  Clarkson recently reclassified them, and to be honest recently alot of BMW drivers have been letting me out into traffic recently.
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I hate BMW's, but I'll admit it did look rather tasty fella.

It should provide you with everything you need for commuting & track work.

The truck was a pleasure to drive in this morning ..

Comment

dare I ask what the insurance is like on that Beast ?
                      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

£830 a year for a 26 year old, 8 years NCB no points and my mrs who is also 26.
                        More Lift.
                        More Tyres.
                        More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                          £830 a year for a 26 year old, 8 years NCB no points and my mrs who is also 26.
                          And the question on everyone's minds:

You're 26 and you live in a house that big in Henley and own an M3. What do you do for a living and are there any jobs going?

Comment

Unfortuantely the answer is that I'm 26 and still live with my parents because I spent all my money on cars and can't afford to move out
                            More Lift.
                            More Tyres.
                            More Engine.

Comment

[QUOTE=Karma Supra;469518]Hi guys...

Unfortunately Brown has had his way and I have sold the hilux and the supra in favour of one "modern" car (this milenium)....

I'll still pop in and say hello.. just wanted to say thanks for all your help, the offers to pull me out of mud etc etc and genrally being a friendly bunch!

I'm going to really miss the Hilux, its been pretty much faultless over the last year, comfortable reliable and fun! At least its gone to a good mate so I'll still see it about!

Cheers guys!!

Thats funny, I came on here tonight to say I sold my truck too, worse, I had to sell my speedboat as well. That barsteward Brown's got all my disposable income now and it was costing too much to use it.
                              Anyway its a two by four most of the time....

Comment

Working...
                              X