does this add up ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does this add up ??

i came to a (financial) point recently where i needed to either get rid of the surf,or get a cheap daily driver. i was doing lots of mileage with the surf and my bills for the first six months of this year averaged out at very nearly £800 per month.this showed no signs of changing so i could expect a total running cost of approx £9600 per year. my corsa cost naff all ,but even with a typical purchase price ,3 tyres (£55 quid) and assorted minor sundries its running cost is due to be less than 1/3 rd of the surf,. i think it will be approx £3000. it does a HUGE amount of mpg (£40 quid lasts about 10 days,the surf was £60 quid every other day).so by getting a small runaround,and paying two lots of tax, extra insurance mot etc, im saving thousands !!!

green taxes my ass
    Non intercooled nothing.

I'd say the green taxes are working...

you have gone and stopped using a vehicle that uses heaps of fuel and started using one that runs on the smell of an oily rag....
    1993 HiLux Surf (mine)
    1998 RAV4 (hers)

Comment

Originally posted by SURFerRob View Post
      I'd say the green taxes are working...

you have gone and stopped using a vehicle that uses heaps of fuel and started using one that runs on the smell of an oily rag....

If you run WVO it's even greener than the Corsa.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
        If you run WVO it's even greener than the Corsa.
        just waitin for my first lot to settle

Comment

Working...
        X