Shock .....Horror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not a fan then mate?

To be honest, its hard to (excuse the pun) defend them!! Its back to basics an then more so!!

But at least i'd be overhauling everything on it. So it will either work half well or just burn in flames

Comment

I recently have owned 2 of the landrover range a 3.5 Discovery and 3.9efi Range Rover never again. Discovery was like driving a tractor, I changed all axle/diff oils, Tranfer Box and Gear oils and done 2 oil and filters Only owned it 3-4 weeks, then went and brought a L Reg Ranger Rover 3.9efi with air suspension, was only doing 10 to the Gallon! But when i went to do an oil and filter the sump plug was a differnet size to the discovery, phoned LR direct to ask what size the sump plug was so that i could get a spanner to undo it, to my discust they did not know!!!
      Lost all faith in Landrover, but saying that my brother ran a defender for 19 years, put new engine in and done some other work to it and its still running now. He used it as his mobile workshop with sh*t loads of tools in it. He was a commercial mechanic.

Jap is best, this is my 1st surf but my 4th Jap 4x4.

Comment

1&1/8th from memory, a 28mm should fit though.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
          1&1/8th from memory, a 28mm should fit though.
          Discovery was 27m and the range rover 29m, right pain, but i have a garage quite near buy who lent me a spanner as i have not got anything that size.

Comment

Spoke to a guy who works at a Landy mechanics recently. Guy there said he couldn't believe how badly put together they were.
            He said if Jap firms find a fault in their vehicles they not only change it but also recall all those affected and sort them too.
            Landrover however have had parts with consistent faults and keep on making them that way for years and years, he is always replacing the same parts and putting the same cr*ppy part back in.
            as long as they get through the warranty thats what matters.

His boss has been working on landys for 30 ish years and his wife drives...........
            Can you guess...?

A Toyota!

Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              WHAAAAT are you TALKING about!?!?!

EVERYTHING is in the worst place ever!

The steering wheel is against the window. The heater scalds your left foot. The wipers dont work. The lights dont work. They are fecking terrible machines if you need to be in there for more than half an hour, or if you are remotely humanoid shaped.

You obviously haven't spent much time HAVING to drive a 90. They are the spawn of the devil. (Or maybe you aren't humanoid in shape?)
              Forgot to mention they have the manouvering capabilities of an oil tanker. Had the missfortune of driving one a few years back as a building site runabout, I preferred to keep using my vitara. Far more comfortable and went everywhere the landy did except water.
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Working...
              X