can u chip 3.0lt TD surfs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can u chip 3.0lt TD surfs?

has anybody ever chipped thier surf b4? and can u do it? i take it as its a TD then it will still have injectors and an ECU?

Whoa, watch it mate!!!! Your on thin ice talking about chipping!

There are some, i believe Bobbox is one. Just pours more fuel in i think.

You can do that yourself!! Its pointless and mega expensive.

Comment

May one ask why? Chipping is normally associated with more power which most people would equate to faster speeds. My 3.0 can trundle along at 80 mph plus but I wouldn't fancy pushing her up towards the 100 mark, you would be able to see the fuel gauge dropping!

As for off road use the 3.0 has more than enough grunt to pull it out of most situations without the need for a chip.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

mines chipped,but running bigger turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
          May one ask why? Chipping is normally associated with more power which most people would equate to faster speeds. My 3.0 can trundle along at 80 mph plus but I wouldn't fancy pushing her up towards the 100 mark, you would be able to see the fuel gauge dropping!

As for off road use the 3.0 has more than enough grunt to pull it out of most situations without the need for a chip.
          With reference to the above quotation. can you chip a 2.4? My 2.4 does not trundle along at 80.
          Whatever trundling is.
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

He was talking about the grown up surf not that baby 2ltr thing you drive.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              He was talking about the grown up surf not that baby 2ltr thing you drive.
              its only 600cc
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                mines chipped,but running bigger turbo
                nice. how much better is it running mate?

the only reason i ask if i can chip is that i previously chipped my bmw 325i and it just felt so much nicer to drive! not so much faster but it just felt lighter at the wheels and was great much better mid range/gears and ran more smoothly. was hoping that i might get the same result with my truck. it be nicer to make it feel a bit more lighter at the wheels and off the mark as i do like a bit of speed now n then. plus i understand that when u chip turbo deisels as opposed to N.A petrol engines u get as much as 25% more BHP and up to 35% more torque!! and that would be nice for £300! IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                  nice. how much better is it running mate?

the only reason i ask if i can chip is that i previously chipped my bmw 325i and it just felt so much nicer to drive! not so much faster but it just felt lighter at the wheels and was great much better mid range/gears and ran more smoothly. was hoping that i might get the same result with my truck. it be nicer to make it feel a bit more lighter at the wheels and off the mark as i do like a bit of speed now n then. plus i understand that when u chip turbo deisels as opposed to N.A petrol engines u get as much as 25% more BHP and up to 35% more torque!! and that would be nice for £300! IMO.
                  mine is pretty damn quick tbh,turbo off landcruiser,and chip,lots more grunt,but will still drive sensible,not that i have ever tried,but it will light rear tyres at lights (so im told)

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                    With reference to the above quotation. can you chip a 2.4? My 2.4 does not trundle along at 80.
                    Whatever trundling is.
                    Oh dear, it looks like my take on trundle is a little off course! I feel an Albannach attack coming on! (Especially when he sees the term I've highlighted in bold red print!)

NounSingular
                    trundle
                    Plural
                    trundles

trundle (plural trundles)

A low bed on wheels that can be rolled underneath another bed.
                    A small wheel or roller.
                    (Australia, slang) The process of doing a turd (c.f. a liquid trundle).
                    My mate went to the toilet to take a trundle.

Synonyms(low bed on wheels): trundle bed

to trundle

To wheel or roll, especially by pushing.
                    Every morning, the vendors trundle their carts out into the market.
                    To (cause to) roll slowly and heavily on wheels.
                    Move heavily (on wheels).
                    Translations - to wheel or roll
                    to (cause to) roll slowly and heavily on wheels
                    move heavily (on wheels)

Comment

I would sit down oh sharp tailed beastie, I am about to shock you !!!

I would have taken trundle for this meaning
                      which I think is the same as your take on it

Trev
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

NounSingular
                        trundle
                        Plural
                        trundles

trundle (plural trundles)

A low bed on wheels that can be rolled underneath another bed.
                        A small wheel or roller.
                        (Australia, slang) The process of doing a turd (c.f. a liquid trundle).
                        My mate went to the toilet to take a trundle.

Synonyms(low bed on wheels): trundle bed

to trundle

Every morning, the vendors trundle their carts out into the market.
                        To (cause to) roll slowly and heavily on wheels.
                        Move heavily (on wheels).
                        Translations - to wheel or roll
                        to (cause to) roll slowly and heavily on wheels
                        move heavily (on wheels)[/QUOTE]

i suspect this is the "trundle" you were referring to.

Anyhoo, anywho,
                        can you chip a 2.4 and if so, where might one obtain the necessary componant?
                        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

[
                          Anyhoo, anywho,
                          can you chip a 2.4 and if so, where might one obtain the necessary componant?[/quote]

couldnt give a trundle !!
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                            I would sit down oh sharp tailed beastie, I am about to shock you !!!

I would have taken trundle for this meaning which I think is the same as your take on it

Trev
                            Wow, I'm shocked!

Someone has actually come to my defence! Well I guess there's a first time for everything!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                              mine is pretty damn quick tbh,turbo off landcruiser,and chip,lots more grunt,but will still drive sensible,not that i have ever tried,but it will light rear tyres at lights (so im told)
                              hello m8. does the turbo from the cruiser just bolt straight on to the surf then? how much did u pick it up 4 aswell? ta.
                              Jay.

Comment

Working...
                              X