No announcement yet.

Messages being vetted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who can remember when Koi ended up with a bill of over £200 one month and a majority of us got together and sent in money to cover the bill so nigel wasn't out of pocket.This is where these charges stemmed from in order to help with the running of the site.
    As all ready said if you don't like the idea of paying subs and then having to pay to sell an item then don't and go and sell it elsewhere.
    Membership is and has always been an option so you never had to pay it.
    As a matter of fact i even think Koi was thinking of selling the forum as it was starting to cost more to run.
    People ought to think before posting threads like this on what the owners of the forum have to fork out on each month.

We all come on this site as its one of the best forums about so whats wrong with paying for an advert once in a while as well as paying £15 membership
    Sorry to go on thats all i have to say
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I really get sick and tired of threads like this, people start spouting off about having to pay for this and that without putting their brain in gear before typing.

Me and lucky were out of pocket to the tune of nearly £4000.00 about 8 months ago. We are still out of pocket to a sum still not far from that, the monthly cost at one point was over £200 per month with the largest bill at £280.00 fo one months hosting.

We changed hosting companies to reduce the cost and have done that but it still costs a fair sum each month.

Yes it was a close call to sell up as costs were building up way to much, member ship adverts etc go to help and try keeping this site self funding.

With the new hosting costs we are now starting to claw back a little of we have had to spend on the running of this site. Last month we managed to get back £23 after paying for running costs, so at £23 a month we should have recooperated our money back in 13 years or so.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
        Now , now, people, let's not see this thread end up as a slanging match. The guy is just giving his opinion after all, just because we disagree doesn't mean he's not entitled to voice it.

Then again we also have the right to reply as we see fit ................... oh bugga it, I'm just digging a hole for myself here aren't I?
        Would you like to borrow our JCB ?
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

This is just my opinion, but as a newish member of the forum, I think £15.00 subs is terrrific value, and £3.00 to advertise something to such a targeted audience equally so. I have without doubt saved considerably more than the annual fee already, from the advice I've received on here, and you only need to read the threads to appreciate the lengths people will go to to help others, moving stuff around the country etc etc. I was actually sent an 'A' bar by Pete W free of charge within weeks of becoming a member and have had nothing but good advice (even taking into account the kicking I took off MattF hehe )

Having run an online gaming guild myself, I fully appreciate the time and effort to administrate something like this, not to mention cost, so feel it is right and proper to charge accordingly.

As I say, just my opinion, I feel they do a great job, and long may it last.
          If you play with fire.....

Comment

Well said Nigel....

Originally posted by Koi View Post
            I really get sick and tired of threads like this, people start spouting off about having to pay for this and that without putting their brain in gear before typing.

Me and lucky were out of pocket to the tune of nearly £4000.00 about 8 months ago. We are still out of pocket to a sum still not far from that, the monthly cost at one point was over £200 per month with the largest bill at £280.00 fo one months hosting.

We changed hosting companies to reduce the cost and have done that but it still costs a fair sum each month.

Yes it was a close call to sell up as costs were building up way to much, member ship adverts etc go to help and try keeping this site self funding.

With the new hosting costs we are now starting to claw back a little of we have had to spend on the running of this site. Last month we managed to get back £23 after paying for running costs, so at £23 a month we should have recooperated our money back in 13 years or so.
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Ooooh, I feel trouble brewing!
              I was right then, eh?

Nothing like poking the hornets nest to to create a bit of furore.
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Now , now, people, let's not see this thread end up as a slanging match. The guy is just giving his opinion after all, just because we disagree doesn't mean he's not entitled to voice it.

Then again we also have the right to reply as we see fit ................... oh bugga it, I'm just digging a hole for myself here aren't I?
                Oi! I got my ar5e kicked by a newbie last week for expressing my opinion, you're certainly not getting away with it...
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  Oi! I got my ar5e kicked by a newbie last week for expressing my opinion, you're certainly not getting away with it...
                  One can but try!

Anyhoo I'm tired of being Mr Nice Guy, I want to come over to the dark side.

Comment

Personally, (and I ain't exactly the quietest one when I think something is out of order), I can't see why anyone would have a problem with paying for adverts on here. It has always been a payment per advert section. It's not as if it was free and then suddenly got locked off and required payment.

Comment

£15 is a bargain for what you get (and not) from this forum and it's members IMO

This is one of the most easy going forum on the Internet which is great.
                      I Love Wales

Comment

Link to thread?

Comment

One can but try!

Anyhoo I'm tired of being Mr Nice Guy, I want to come over to the dark side.
                          It's not that simple over here, it takes time and dedication; and the ability to spell helps too.

Comment

It's not that simple over here, it takes time and dedication; and the ability to spell helps too.
                            Anyhoo is the correct spelling of anyhoo!

If you guys can have 'canny' and 'Daangergozlow' then I can have anyhoo!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                              Link to thread?
                              It was the last Road Tax one, bloke had a right go at me! Even threatened not to renew his subscription next year.

Comment

Anyhoo is the correct spelling of anyhoo!

If you guys can have 'canny' and 'Daangergozlow' then I can have anyhoo!
                                We can go back many posts to check your credentials.

Comment

Working...
                                X