Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messages being vetted

Guys

Why are none of my messages being shown until vetted by a mod? Is this normal?
    [I][B]96 3rd Gen in bluuuueeeee[/B]I]

How do you know?
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      How do you know?
      When I try to post I get the "message will be vetted by a moderator etc..."

None of my for sale ads have been posted, even though I submitted one on Thursday last week and one this morning...unless I have missed them in the forum somewhere...;-)

Comment

Reply to this, see how fast it appears.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover View Post
          When I try to post I get the "message will be vetted by a moderator etc..."

None of my for sale ads have been posted, even though I submitted one on Thursday last week and one this morning...unless I have missed them in the forum somewhere...;-)
          Have you sent Koi the £3 fee for each ad?
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hmmmmmm, never seen that message before. For sale ads do sometimes take a while to appear, try putting a message on here with the title '@ Koi'. Alternatively drop him an email, although you may have to wait for a reply, he's a busy guy!

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Never thought of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              So, I pay £15 subscription but also need to pay £3 for each ad?

Comment

Cheaper than Auto Trader
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                  Cheaper than Auto Trader
                  So, what does my £15 cover then? What happened to the NON profit making philosophy of the board?

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover View Post
                    So, what does my £15 cover then? What happened to the NON profit making philosophy of the board?
                    Ooooh, I feel trouble brewing!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                      Ooooh, I feel trouble brewing!
                      Just a question...

Comment

The subs went up a couple of months back as the running costs were not being met.

There is a length thread about it somewhere mate
                        Brian

Comment

What you pay for - the time and effort taken by Koi and Lucky to run this forum. When the forum suffered major problems Koi had to dip into his own pocket to keep the forum running and I don't just mean a few measly quid.

When he moved to a more reliable server that server charged a lot more than the previous one. A lot of the members were more than happy to pay the extra in subs to keep the site running smoothly.

It clearly states at the top of each for sale section that a charge will be made. £6.50 to sell a Surf and £3.00 for parts, where you can list as many parts, in as big an ad, as you like, no restrictions.

I'm a member of other forums and they all make a charge for ads. Mind you I know of some that don't. Thing is I've sold a few parts on here and the ad runs indefinitely so it's worth the money.

Just answering your question mate, the reply is not meant as a personal dig at you.

Comment

Think of the traffic this site gets. Hosting isn't free. Koi and Lucky were something like £1500 out of pocket each until subs went up to £15 I believe.

I'm not being provocative here, but you dont *have* to pay the subs (though it does help the site stay alive and active).
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              Think of the traffic this site gets. Hosting isn't free. Koi and Lucky were something like £1500 out of pocket each until subs went up to £15 I believe.

I'm not being provocative here, but you dont *have* to pay the subs (though it does help the site stay alive and active).
                              I just think that ads should be free to people that pay the subs...non paying sellers should pay the fee.

Comment

Working...
                              X