Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body lift help needed.

hi all.
    i am wondering where the cheapest place to get a 2" body lift from for a 1991 2.4td and if there was anyone out there who could lend a hand fitting it in exchange for a few drinks etc etc.
    i live in Malvern Worcestershire, thanks
    will

Originally posted by surf-wejd View Post
    hi all.
    i am wondering where the cheapest place to get a 2" body lift from for a 1991 2.4td and if there was anyone out there who could lend a hand fitting it in exchange for a few drinks etc etc.
    i live in Malvern Worcestershire, thanks
    will

Apache has bodylifting experience and he'll do anything for beer!

Comment

I have got a 2" bodylift here from a breaker but you will need to get some radiator drop brackets and bumper brackets made which wont cost much at all to get made.
      I'll sell the lift for £35 plus the postage
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Apache has bodylifting experience and he'll do anything for beer!
        such as ??
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Pity you need to go 2". I have enough 50mm nylon bar to make a 1.5" set

You could always buy some bar and I could make it. `There's loads of places on t'internet to get the required longer bolts.

If you dont wanna wait ages for me to make spacers, you could always use one of the forum 'preferred suppliers' such as Tony or Mark, but Richards set is a snip and makes all of the other options pointless to consider.

I can give you a hand to fit it.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            such as ??
            Anything!! especially after ten beers.

Comment

Oi you teetotal twerp!

I would like it known I would do anything for FOUR beers!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                Oi you teetotal twerp!

I would like it known I would do anything for FOUR beers!
                any truth in the rumor,four beers and your anybody's

five beers and your everybody's

(just about to put kettle on now)
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Pity you need to go 2". I have enough 50mm nylon bar to make a 1.5" set

You could always buy some bar and I could make it. `There's loads of places on t'internet to get the required longer bolts.

If you dont wanna wait ages for me to make spacers, you could always use one of the forum 'preferred suppliers' such as Tony or Mark, but Richards set is a snip and makes all of the other options pointless to consider.

I can give you a hand to fit it.
                  thats a shame, but i think i want 2" as i want to go as big as posible. if i gave you some cash how much would it be to get some nylon bar for a complet 2" lift, also what size bolts would i need to get, i have many diferent sizes at work, from M2 to M18 and all in diferent lenths.

thanks for the offer of help fitting it, just tell us what you want for you servises and i will see what i can do.

Comment

Would probably cost as much for the bar as it would for the kit from Stormy. Thats a cheap 2" lift. I'd buy it if I were you.

Give me a shout when you've got it and we'll organise fitting it.

Comment

I know I'm putting my neck in the noose by asking this but here goes (gulp) apart from the 2" spacers and the radiator and bumper drop brackets (which I can fabricate myself) do I need longer shocks, springs, need to cut a bigger hole for the steering, disconnect the fuel filler pipe etc, or am I answering my own questions?

I have 1.5" suspension lift with milners 20% springs and coil spacers fitted at the moment. I've fancied the 2" body lift for ages but unlike some of you lucky people I don't have anyone to guide / help me with it.

I know there is mucho info on this but loads of posts come up on the subject in the search facility and I'm a lazy sod!
                      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Bodylift doesn't have any impact on your suspension setup, so longer shocks etc not required.

I did 2" bodylift, and didn't need any metalcutting round the gearbox, extension of fuel filler etc.

The rad and bumper drop brackets are very simple and could be made by anyone.

Comment

Would probably cost as much for the bar as it would for the kit from Stormy. Thats a cheap 2" lift. I'd buy it if I were you.

Give me a shout when you've got it and we'll organise fitting it.
                          cool, what is his stormy's user name thingy so i can pm him, how much do you reacon it would be roughly just so i can have an idea on prices.
                          also how much and how easy is it to fit a 1" bj spacer set up? im running 2" front and 3" back at the moment but i want 5" all round, so i can fit some bfg at 33's.

Comment

just gone into the 'spoted out and about' for the 1st time and it loks like you have spotted my HOPE truck. i have stopped many times and looked at yours belittaling mine, love the new tyres by the way.
                            Last edited by surf-wejd; 14 July 2008, 18:46.

Comment

Bodylift doesn't have any impact on your suspension setup, so longer shocks etc not required.

I did 2" bodylift, and didn't need any metalcutting round the gearbox, extension of fuel filler etc.

The rad and bumper drop brackets are very simple and could be made by anyone.
                              Cheers Andy. In that case Richard if Surf Wejd doesn't take it off your hands I may be very interested.

[Edit] I see in the time it took me to type this Surf Wejd has already stated his interest. Maybe next time eh?
                              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
                              X