X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
    seed list was ok.
    Sweet.

Any chance any of you chaps/chapesses could give it one last whirl? I think I've finally sorted all the niggles now, so just want to give it a final bashing to make sure.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      Sweet.

Any chance any of you chaps/chapesses could give it one last whirl? I think I've finally sorted all the niggles now, so just want to give it a final bashing to make sure.

Cheers.

Seeding or downloading again?
      I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven View Post
        Seeding or downloading again?
        Both if possible, please. Just needing to know if it appears to be going through the whole process okay, without throwing any errors either here or at the client end. So, the best test would be to download the torrent afresh and then reseed for a short while. That should run it through the full cycle. A couple of stop/starts during the download and seed process would also be good. Just cleared one niggle that appeared in that regard, so that could do with some testing.

Cheers.

Comment

Seems to be working spot on.

Deleted file and downloading again, stoped and closed client, restarted and it picked back up the peers / seeds fine and downloading at 65-70 Kbs. No errors at all.

All seems fine
          I Love Wales

Comment

No issues here either, 3 seeds and steady at 68KB/s
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Cheers. Everything appears okay this end too, so I think I might have finally bested this beastie.

Just got to get a suitable seeder sorted now. There ain't many commandline C++ clients about that have suitable qualities that I've found yet, i.e: none. Half tempted to go down the PHP route with that too. All but one of those I've looked at so far are just down right nasty though, code wise, and I definitely ain't in the frame of mind to dabble with the Python ones.

I can see this causing me no end of hair pulling before I get it all sorted.

Comment

Right. This is definitely the last test request. Honest. Got a new seeder running now, and the tracker is sorted, so just need to give it one final test if poss. Couple of new .torrent test files, in place of the original one:

http://outgoing.bauchan.org/series1wm.zip.torrent
                http://outgoing.bauchan.org/gipsy_mk...al.zip.torrent

If everything is working okay during/after this testing session, I'll be adding this torrent system to the main site.

Cheers again.

Comment

no seeds again mate, wait...1 seed on the gipsy manual DL @ 30 kB/s
                  And now the other one is going @ 15 kB/s, gipsy is now at 15 kB/s.... you limiting you upload to 30 then ?

Comment

Can't seem to find any seeds.
                    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by evil_jesus View Post
                      no seeds again mate, wait...1 seed on the gipsy manual DL @ 30 kB/s
                      And now the other one is going @ 15 kB/s, gipsy is now at 15 kB/s.... you limiting you upload to 30 then ?
                      Yup, it's limited to 30. It's running alongside the ftp, so bandwidth, speed wise, is becoming a rarity. That's one of the main reasons for introducing the torrent system too, to try and get around that issue.

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                      Can't seem to find any seeds.
                      Does none appear even after an update/announce? Is this with one of those new files, not that original torrent file?

Comment

now getting 3 seeds on each and download speeds for each hovering around 20 - 30 kB/s but going as high as 40 on series1wm.zip, the other one keeps dropping out completely for a few seconds though it's showing seeds the download rate drops to 0kB/s
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                          now getting 3 seeds on each
                          The seed list appeared okay then? Is one of those clients in the peers list the 'btpd/0.13' one? (That's the main seeder).

and download speeds for each hovering around 20 - 30 kB/s but going as high as 40 on series1wm.zip, the other one keeps dropping out completely for a few seconds though it's showing seeds the download rate drops to 0kB/s
                          Does it still keep downloading okay from the one that's swinging around, speed wise? I might still have a bit of tweaking to do on that seeder, by the looks of it.

Comment

matt,
                            i will help you out muchly when i get my internet back online at my new address next week. i will have a dedicated ADSL internet line without restrictions, and the upload speed from my end will be max 1.3meg.
                            this will at some point terminate on a cisco firewall and i have virtual machines set up for different things.
                            this means i have no problem being a seed during working hours and normal sleeping hours lol - my download is 7mb
                            if you can make something better than whats out there, im willing to help
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I go out to walk the dogs and nothing was happening.

I get back and both files have downloaded with no error messages.
                              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

The seed list appeared okay then? Is one of those clients in the peers list the 'btpd/0.13' one? (That's the main seeder).
                                from memory yes, but if anyone knows how to check using azureus once the files finished downloading i'll check for you.

Does it still keep downloading okay from the one that's swinging around, speed wise? I might still have a bit of tweaking to do on that seeder, by the looks of it.
                                yeah, it drops out for a few seconds (upto about 20 seconds or so), then the speed picks up and it's ok for a minute or two, seems to resume ok and completed in 27m 42s even with the dropping out, whatever average speed that works out to be on a 27MB file?
                                =========
                                =SOLD UP!=
                                =========

Comment

Working...
                                X