No announcement yet.

how many MPG are u guys getting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only way to find out for sure what your MPG is. (and it's not cheap)

Fill it to the BRIM, Zero the trip meter, drive it till more fuel is required, and then BRIM it again, Read the trip meter as you leave the garage.
    Get out a calcultor,

Remember how many litres it took to brim it? this time!
    Say, 350kms divide by 1.6 = 218.75 miles.
    Say, 60 litres divide by 4.5 = 13.3 gallons.

Now, divide 218.75 by 13.3 = 16.44 MPG

MPG cannot be worked out in ££s per part fill, no matter what the cost per litre, because the gauge is not 100% acurate. I can get another 2 gallons in my 2.4, after the guage reads full. Hope this helps.
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      I had my truck a 3.0l 2nd gen filled up to the brim and i got 240miles out of it but that wasn't to the fuel light so i think i may of got another 20m out of it before the fuel light came on.I got this milage by just taking it steady and not flooring it like i usually do so i think from now on i'll be driving at a bit slower speed and less revs.I was doing no more than 65 and normally around the 55 to 60 mph mark and at about 2100rpm. i was very surprised when i went to fill up and saw how many miles i actually did since the last fill up.The previous fill up was £72 and this week was just over £62 to full so if someone wants to work out the mpg on that.
      Diesel is £1.33 at tesco here
      240miles, next brim, £62 divide by 1.33 = 46.61 ltrs divide by 4.5 = 10.35 gallons. 240 miles, divide by 10.35 gallons = 23.188 MPG that's only if it was brim to brim. Quite easy if you try

Comment

on a full tank i get around 380k so about 17 mpg??

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
          240miles, next brim, £62 divide by 1.33 = 46.61 ltrs divide by 4.5 = 10.35 gallons. 240 miles, divide by 10.35 gallons = 23.188 MPG that's only if it was brim to brim. Quite easy if you try
          Cheers for that.I'm ok with adding ,taking away,multiplying but doing conversions is just going to far
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Right for ya lot that ain't worked mine out from post 9 it works out 29.3 mpg
            Hope that helps somebody !!
            65 litre Tank =14.44 (near as dame it 14n1/2 gals) 2 tanks =29 gals

Question ??
            Why when on my Trip 850 miles to n from the Clog does Shell, BP n Texaco price vary so much for Diezel ? when all Esso's were 3p cheaper in York/s Cumbria n Scotland ?

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!!
            Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 14 July 2008, 12:33.
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

I paid 130.9p/Lt this morning in Stirling, 6 miles from home where it costs 133.0p/Lt
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                so ur getting an extra 100 miles than i am for 60 quids worth. i know u said it was motorway miles but still! 100 miles is a BIG difference! any ideas any1 what could be wrong? it doesnt seem to be leaking anything?
                woops i keep pressing the wrong "quote" button!!?? rrrhhh
                probably wondering what the hell i was going on about didnt ya Vultch! lol
                i meant to quote Kerrsurf above ur post.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  I don't want to seem pedantic (that's somebody elses job on here) but he asked about miles per gallon mate, not km per litre, that's why I did an approximate conversion. IE:-

£30 worth of fuel at, on average, £1.30 a litre = 23.08 litres which equates to 5.08 gallons, which divided into 60 miles = 11.81 mpg!

As I said it's a rough estimate but on the figures given it can't be more than a mile out either way.
                  thanks 4 that scorpion m8!

Fill it to the BRIM, Zero the trip meter, drive it till more fuel is required, and then BRIM it again, Read the trip meter as you leave the garage.
                  Get out a calcultor,

MPG cannot be worked out in ££s per part fill, no matter what the cost per litre, because the gauge is not 100% acurate. I can get another 2 gallons in my 2.4, after the guage reads full. Hope this helps.
                  cheers for that 2 m8! i just thought that it would be accurate enough to, say put £30 in on empty and see how many miles i get till its empty again rather than fill to the brim to do the same math? its what i do for all my other veichles.

unless im being very stupid and the trip meter is actually in MILES not KM?? lol the milage is in KM so i'd imagine so is the trip meter? right? lol they're not allowed to touch that r they.
                  cheers for all the replies tho guys. im gona service it soon so hopefully that will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                    I don't want to seem pedantic (that's somebody elses job on here) but he asked about miles per gallon mate, not km per litre, that's why I did an approximate conversion. IE:-

£30 worth of fuel at, on average, £1.30 a litre = 23.08 litres which equates to 5.08 gallons, which divided into 60 miles = 11.81 mpg!

As I said it's a rough estimate but on the figures given it can't be more than a mile out either way.
                    I dont mean to be either (pedantic that is ) but we buy diesel by the litre and a surf clocks up kilometers so thats the way to go then convert to mpg.
                    Also I was replying to the first post not yours.
                    Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                      Right for ya lot that ain't worked mine out from post 9 it works out 29.3 mpg
                      Hope that helps somebody !!
                      65 litre Tank =14.44 (near as dame it 14n1/2 gals) 2 tanks =29 gals

Question ??
                      Why when on my Trip 850 miles to n from the Clog does Shell, BP n Texaco price vary so much for Diezel ? when all Esso's were 3p cheaper in York/s Cumbria n Scotland ?

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!!
                      To be a really clever sod that's 15.29 pence per mile! taking your £130 spend on fuel

Comment

i always fill mine to the brim and work out my mpg quite often. been getting about 22-23mpg on 100% diesel, depending on how heavy my right foot is feeling. that's mostly motorways and dual carriageway - 20min journey each way. i get about 400km out of the tank before the light comes on - thats 250 miles.

started towing with it now so getting rather less!

Comment

Hi ive got a 3.0td surf fitted with Mud tyres and am not light footed and get approx 25mpg , and have always been impressed with this from such a vehicle , must add as soon as i reach 40mph it goes into 5th gear and its a Manual .

Comment

Get out a calcultor,

Don't forget to factor-in non standard tyres if fitted. If you're running 33" tryes like mine the car has actually traveled 6% further than the odo reading suggests since they are calibrated for stock 29.5" tyres.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99 View Post
                              Don't forget to factor-in non standard tyres if fitted. If you're running 33" tryes like mine the car has actually traveled 6% further than the odo reading suggests since they are calibrated for stock 29.5" tyres.
                              mine has actually got 25" tyres on it!! so would've thought that would work in my favour. (previous owner put them on not me)

25mpg in a manual and on muds!!?? wtf! no way?
                              if so then im going to set my truck on fire 2morrow!!

Comment

just did a trip to bristol and back.
                                filled the tank up from empty and cost me £82!
                                got 300 miles out of it almost exactly.
                                got there and back on a full tank but JUST. (300 mile trip all in all)
                                not as bad as i had previously thought but still far from cheap to run!
                                cost me the same to fill up my 2.5d transit but i get 400 miles on a full tank with that. still not great either tho.

sat nav said 133 miles there and took the same route back. so totall of 266 miles yet the trip meter said 472km which is 293 miles
                                27 miles difference?? could the trip meter be out? surely not.

Comment

Working...
                                X