how many MPG are u guys getting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many MPG are u guys getting??

i have a 1993 3.0lt ssr-x thats done 125k and the fuel consumption if fcuking diabolical!! i put in £30 earlier and after only about 60 miles the light was starting to come on again!!?? r they all this bad and is there anything i can do to improve MPG?
    thanks.

£30 = approx 5 gallon. 60 miles on 5 gallon = 12 mpg! No way mate, even a hungry brute like my 3 litre returns around 25 mpg. If you're heavy footed you do get sh!t mileage, if not there's definitely something amiss!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

I've got a 2.4 and get roughly 19mpg. Your's will be much the same.

As for improving it, lighter right foot and walk more?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

just went out n checked it. ive done 70 miles and the light is starting to come on now n then so i take it there is about 30 miles left in the reserve tank when the light comes on. so that will be 100 miles for £30!?
        i get 100 miles with £20 in my 2.5d transit! no way can it cost another tenner in the surf!?
        any suggestions what could be causing this bad MPG. and trust me i have been driving it like a women all week so i can see what sorta milage im getting as ive only just bought it.
        cheers guys.

Comment

I'm pretty sure i have a fault....driving really easy on my 3,0L I'm getting about 18-19 mpg...over 2000 rpm something is leaking air/diesel...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

I did roughly 300 miles return journey and burned approx £60, mostly motorway.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
              I'm pretty sure i have a fault....driving really easy on my 3,0L I'm getting about 18-19 mpg...over 2000 rpm something is leaking air/diesel...
              so ur getting an extra 100 miles than i am for 60 quids worth. i know u said it was motorway miles but still! 100 miles is a BIG difference! any ideas any1 what could be wrong? it doesnt seem to be leaking anything?

Comment

I did the same trip as kerrsurf. I also got around 25 to 28mpg.

Give it a service all filters see if that helps.
                Brian

Comment

Last week my run to Scottyland (Drumclog) was 850 miles roundtrip of £70 Veg Oil n £60 Dino = £130

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                    i have a 1993 3.0lt ssr-x thats done 125k and the fuel consumption if fcuking diabolical!! i put in £30 earlier and after only about 60 miles the light was starting to come on again!!?? r they all this bad and is there anything i can do to improve MPG?
                    thanks.
                    I get around 20mpg. If I may say £30 to 60miles means nothing as the £30 is variable throughout the country. Try working it out properly.
                    ie. (how many) litres do you use per (how many) kilometers.
                    Last edited by Taliesins; 13 July 2008, 09:01.
                    Trust your Hound.

Comment

I don't care what mine does at the moment 'cos it sounds so damn good!

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins View Post
                        I get around 20mpg. If I may say £30 to 60miles means nothing as the £30 is variable throughout the country. Try working it out properly.ie. (how many) litres do you use per (how many) kilometers.
                        I don't want to seem pedantic (that's somebody elses job on here) but he asked about miles per gallon mate, not km per litre, that's why I did an approximate conversion. IE:-

£30 worth of fuel at, on average, £1.30 a litre = 23.08 litres which equates to 5.08 gallons, which divided into 60 miles = 11.81 mpg!

As I said it's a rough estimate but on the figures given it can't be more than a mile out either way.
                        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

I had my truck a 3.0l 2nd gen filled up to the brim and i got 240miles out of it but that wasn't to the fuel light so i think i may of got another 20m out of it before the fuel light came on.I got this milage by just taking it steady and not flooring it like i usually do so i think from now on i'll be driving at a bit slower speed and less revs.I was doing no more than 65 and normally around the 55 to 60 mph mark and at about 2100rpm. i was very surprised when i went to fill up and saw how many miles i actually did since the last fill up.The previous fill up was £72 and this week was just over £62 to full so if someone wants to work out the mpg on that.
                          Diesel is £1.33 at tesco here
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

73mpg- not in the Surf though!

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ighlight=corsa

Comment

my 2.4 used to get 23mpg on veg.. when i did a road trip to france on veg we got a max of 27mpg
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X