Mobile Broadband (Vodafone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Broadband (Vodafone)

Anyone thinking about getting it, don't. Top speed so far (in central London) is 85kbps. Longest time before it loses the connection is 10 minutes. It's going back tomorrow.....

I've been using 3 for my journey to work.

£50 dongle and £10 tops you up 1gig which is more than enough for couple of hours surfing each work day for a month

Pretty fast speeds in most places

Comment

And now I'm caught in the endless battle to return the ###### thing.....

Comment

Depends how long you've had but normally there is a 14 day return policy. You can also use the ' Not fit for purpose' line, that normally get things going.
        If it ain't fun it ain't worth doing!

Comment

Originally posted by BushBuster View Post
          Depends how long you've had but normally there is a 14 day return policy. You can also use the ' Not fit for purpose' line, that normally get things going.
          I'm comfortably within that. I tried it for one day and realised how diabolical it is. It's more trying to navigate through their customer services people to find the one that deals with returns for it. I tried a shop but the bloke refused to touch it.

I've decided they're just trying to make me keep it for 14 days so I can't give it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            I'm comfortably within that. I tried it for one day and realised how diabolical it is. It's more trying to navigate through their customer services people to find the one that deals with returns for it. I tried a shop but the bloke refused to touch it.

I've decided they're just trying to make me keep it for 14 days so I can't give it back.
            If they are being that difficult you need to:
            1, if you made a web purchase - notify them by Email and/or fax of your intention to return.
            2, if you made a phone purchase - call their customer services number and make any selection from the vast array of numbers. Eventually someone will answer and verbally tell them i.e. "I [name] hereby give you notice of my intention to return this item as it is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE", ask them if they fully understand what you have just told them, and ask for an email address to who you can confirm.
            3, Read: http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/help/returns/
            4, Make sure you send it registered/recorded delivery, keep the receipt and take out the Post Office insurance. Then send it back......
            If it ain't fun it ain't worth doing!

Comment

Working...
            X