Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Tow

Hello towed for the first tome today, ifor williams trailer with one horse,
    No problem, seemed to go a bit better with ect on.
    Radiator still very hot, which I posted about on 3.0 Mechanical problems,, [Hot Radiator]
    but temp gauge stayed normal, and did not lose any water.
    Just had tow bar fitted, you will see on photo that it is a bit low jockey wheel hits the ground in certain places, but can move the ball up to the next hole a couple of inches.
    Cheers Kevin.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bear; 8 April 2004, 19:47.
    95, SSRX, TD, AUTO,

your jockey wheel hangs low in comparison to the one on my caravan, as mine comes up to half way on the A-frame. Linda or Tony will better advise i think or someone else with a similair outfit
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

I have to slacken the jockey wheel shaft pinch bolt and pull the shaft right up as far as it will go, then the wheel is well off the ground and is tucked up between the A frame.
      Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

Comment

I agree, jockey wheel on the horse trailer I've used goes much higher than that - up level with the A. The caravan and road trailer the same. I've got to get a drop plate fitted as my tow point is a bit high with +2" rear springs.

Rig looks nice tho, as does the pony!!! Did you win???
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
          I agree, jockey wheel on the horse trailer I've used goes much higher than that - up level with the A. The caravan and road trailer the same. I've got to get a drop plate fitted as my tow point is a bit high with +2" rear springs.

Rig looks nice tho, as does the pony!!! Did you win???
          Will have a good look at it tomorrow, I think the jockey wheel is up the highest it will go.

It was just a pony club training day.
          Forgot to mention, didnt half turn some heads when I drove in, people that have never spoken to me in the past came up to admire the Surf.
          95, SSRX, TD, AUTO,

Comment

JEALOUS. the jockey wheel mounting plate may be too low so this restricts the clearance
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by mart 870
              I have to slacken the jockey wheel shaft pinch bolt and pull the shaft right up as far as it will go, then the wheel is well off the ground and is tucked up between the A frame.
              The jockey wheel on boat trailer is removable- otherwise it scrape along on the road even at its highest setting!

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by mart 870
                TONY'S angle grinder will modify it for you but dont tell LINDA
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  TONY'S angle grinder will modify it for you but dont tell LINDA

Why not??? I like seeing him cut things up... Best ake good care of that tyre Marky or your surf could be next...
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

this is going to sound stupid, but you have turned the wheel so it is parallell to the aframe, so you can fully retract it??

you never know... it's always the obvious that people miss!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Very Sorry everyone, my stupid miatake, all I got to do is turn the wheel around,
                      95, SSRX, TD, AUTO,

Comment

you never know... it's always the obvious that people miss!
                        TONY SURE DID
                        (\__/)
                        (")_(")

Comment

It was just a pony club training day.
                          Forgot to mention, didnt half turn some heads when I drove in, people that have never spoken to me in the past came up to admire the Surf

In that case then I can't wait until the May bank holiday. I'm covering a one day PCUK event near Tenbury Wells (H&W). My 4runner complete with blue lights should raise a few eyebrows
                          NO WORRIES!
                          Rusty

Comment

what about the two tones steve
                            (\__/)
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                              what about the two tones steve
                              Bl**dy hell!!! I'm going for an nice easy day out to watch the cross country - not scare the living sh*t out of them!!
                              NO WORRIES!
                              Rusty

Comment

Working...
                              X