Support needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support needed

Hi all, Help I think I need some Surf support. My smile is fading and I have started to look a Land Rover Discovery's again. Even went to look at a Prado this afternoon and may have waivered if the salesman had not made an insulting offer for my 3rd gen SSR-G. I am beginning to feel my 6ft 2in wide frame is a little cramped and would like to have the height and width back. Other than that she is brill, beautiful colour, goes like an express train. Have still not towed my caravan with her or been off road so It may be that I just need reassurance.
    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Originally posted by Malenibo
    Hi all, Help I think I need some Surf support. My smile is fading and I have started to look a Land Rover Discovery's again. Even went to look at a Prado this afternoon and may have waivered if the salesman had not made an insulting offer for my 3rd gen SSR-G. I am beginning to feel my 6ft 2in wide frame is a little cramped and would like to have the height and width back. Other than that she is brill, beautiful colour, goes like an express train. Have still not towed my caravan with her or been off road so It may be that I just need reassurance.
    Oh thats not good, tow with it, take it off road and you will soon remember why you bought it.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

you've not played with it yet. play with it then decide mate.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Surf Support

You could always join the Pajero synchronised rolling team! You must be really depressed about something to be thinking about a disco!!!
        Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

My smile is fading and I have started to look a Land Rover Discovery
          Hmm are you having any blackouts, hallucinations or short bursts of hysteria. Do you feel like you are letting the whole world down??

It seems to me Mr Ibo that you need to get your spanners out and take some things off, bumpers, wheels, filters, then when you've rustproofed those bumpers, done those brakes, changed the filters, taken out the front seats and put them back in again, you'll just wanna do more and before you know it you'll be able to reassemble the whole thing again in your damn kitchen if you want to, and by ... then the bond will be unbreakable.

May the 4's be with you!

Comment

I may not be 6ft 2 but im farely wide and I fit no probs.Also take it off road and then you will see that the seats are perfect for holding you in place real snug(thinking about it have you tried to adjust the seat settings)and not tight at all.

sumo.
            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

You poor man, by even mentioning the 'Di**o word its obvious you must be suffering from some kind of masocistic mental problem, For gods sake man, get a grip, buy a Prado if you must, but a Di**o, no no no, Have you tried counselling, it worked for me, I have been off the Di**o's for about 12months now (cured)and have even removed all the oil stains from the drive that they caused.
              Now go and stand in the corner and repeatidly bang your head against the wall until this DI**o fever goes away.
              John
              [size=4][font=franklin gothic medium][color=lime]Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day[/color][/font][/size]
              [img]http://www.vertueren.gb.com/welshflag.gif[/img] [color=red]Gods Country[/color]

Comment

Thanks Guys N Gals I knew you would put me right. I do need to get off road and play but i am not sure where the places are around here. When I was up North I just went and drove across the moors. I have tried adjusting the seat but just can not get it right I think a bit of modification may be needed. Have to say a special thanks to Rockey. my wife said you were spot on, she's got me locked in at the minute as the garage around the corner has a D..co in an I am drooling. So keep the medicine comming. If I can hold out til the holidays I will be ok.
                Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Thanks Guys N Gals I knew you would put me right. I do need to get off road and play but i am not sure where the places are around here. When I was up North I just went and drove across the moors. I have tried adjusting the seat but just can not get it right I think a bit of modification may be needed. Have to say a special thanks to Rockey. my wife said you were spot on, she's got me locked in at the minute as the garage around the corner has a D..co in an I am drooling. So keep the medicine comming. If I can hold out til the holidays I will be ok.
                  If you analyse this post it seems say an awful lot about you, you moved from a place you knew exremely well ('up north'), the place you were prabably born or at least grew up in and felt comfortable with ('I just went and drove across the moors'). Right at the beginning you said you need to get out and play and that you are not familiar with your current surroundings. The fact that you have posted here suggests to me you do not welcome the change and need a little reasurrance, and , so here it is - 'DONT DO IT!' Whatever 'IT' is dont do it!
                  Of course I may be a million miles out and have just woke up from a night shift with a bad head, in which case ignore above rambling. Good luck anyway
                  ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

Back in 1994(the same year my surf was manufactured coincidently ) I used to sell Landcruisers and hi lux pick ups for a main dealer! I took in a two year old disco v8 in part exchange and remember sitting in it thinking this isn't that bad!
                    Then i had a good look!
                    Rust on the door hinges
                    Poorly worn interior
                    leaks from engine and transmission that would shame a double agent! Etc etc
                    That was before i drove it!
                    I remember saying to myself If I ever get tempted to buy a landrover go straight to the nearest shrink and book in for the lobotomy! Yes buy a Prado if you must (although it is no where near as strong as a surf) But please dont do the disco thing!!
                    www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Working...
                    X