A Storm ay....!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Storm ay....!

well then some of u might have heard some not....
    When we where in Cornwall last week we decided to take Storm home.
    Stormforce wanted to re-home him for a while so me and Debs decided to take him in....

So altho he is a bit of a Psycho Pub he is been very good..
    He listens to me so all good.....
    Lucky I live in the Village with loads of fields, forrest and even hills.. so plenty of room for long walks...

anyway just thought I share a pic with u all of the nutta dog....

One day at the time I guess..

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
    well then some of u might have heard some not....
    When we where in Cornwall last week we decided to take Storm home.
    Stormforce wanted to re-home him for a while so me and Debs decided to take him in....

So altho he is a bit of a Psycho Pub he is been very good..
    He listens to me so all good.....
    Lucky I live in the Village with loads of fields, forrest and even hills.. so plenty of room for long walks...

anyway just thought I share a pic with u all of the nutta dog....

Nice looking dog, Springer Spaniels are a lovely breed, highly intelligent, but have limitless amounts of energy, as I am sure you are finding. I have 3 myself, 2 girls and a boy, and whilst they are predominantly working dogs, they are pets also and great with the kids, you do have to be quite firm with them though, they need to know whos boss!! Give him plenty of exercise and a bit of love and attention and you got a friend for life there.
    If you play with fire.....

Comment

i miss him so much pleased he having fun n behaving

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm View Post
        i miss him so much pleased he having fun n behaving
        Yeah mate I can imagine...
        Well u'll see him at the RTTS..

Hope u well mate....

Originally posted by bu5hwack3r View Post
        Nice looking dog, Springer Spaniels are a lovely breed, highly intelligent, but have limitless amounts of energy, as I am sure you are finding. I have 3 myself, 2 girls and a boy, and whilst they are predominantly working dogs, they are pets also and great with the kids, you do have to be quite firm with them though, they need to know whos boss!! Give him plenty of exercise and a bit of love and attention and you got a friend for life there.
        3.........??
        d@mn that must be a lot of work...
        I am firm and he is getting the point slowly...

I do walk him a lot....
        are they better in a group?

He does hav a severe case of seperation anxietie (or however that is spelt..)
        So I need to get that out of him... (QUICK)..
        but he is listening better now but lot of training ahead...

How old are urs?

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
          Yeah mate I can imagine...
          Well u'll see him at the RTTS..

Hope u well mate....

3.........??
          d@mn that must be a lot of work...
          I am firm and he is getting the point slowly...

I do walk him a lot....
          are they better in a group?

He does hav a severe case of seperation anxietie (or however that is spelt..)
          So I need to get that out of him... (QUICK)..
          but he is listening better now but lot of training ahead...

How old are urs?
          Dogs are pack animals, so generally will do better in a group, although you have become his 'pack' if you like. Seperation anxiety is a toughie, but you really need to be cruel to be kind in my experience. Try not making a fuss of him either going out or coming home. When you leave the house, just go without a word, and when you come home, ignore him completely for the first 10/15 mins, and then just a pat and casual stroke will do. Routine is also whats needed, try and exercise him around the same time if possible, have a game at the same time daily etc, and he will begin to relax inbetween times. There are other things to try but give that a go and see how you get on, as I said, they are highly intelligent, he will soon catch on.

Mine are 2 x 2 year old bitches, and a 4 year old dog, (oh and a year old Jack Russell) so yup, they can be a handful, but watching them work you appreciate they were born to do it and its all worthwhile.

Good luck with him, I'm sure he'll be fine.
          If you play with fire.....

Comment

I'm glad he's doing so well with you Toby and it was just a shame he was so lively.It wasn't fair on the other 2 dogs and the parrots having him here as they were all suffering with the way storm was.He needed one to one care with no other animals to get in the way.
            We done our best with him since we took him on and had tried to rehome for the last 6 months.We even went to the english springer spaniel society who were looking for a home for him until Toby and Debs said they will have him for us.
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by bu5hwack3r View Post
              Dogs are pack animals, so generally will do better in a group, although you have become his 'pack' if you like. Seperation anxiety is a toughie, but you really need to be cruel to be kind in my experience. Try not making a fuss of him either going out or coming home. When you leave the house, just go without a word, and when you come home, ignore him completely for the first 10/15 mins, and then just a pat and casual stroke will do. Routine is also whats needed, try and exercise him around the same time if possible, have a game at the same time daily etc, and he will begin to relax inbetween times. There are other things to try but give that a go and see how you get on, as I said, they are highly intelligent, he will soon catch on.

Mine are 2 x 2 year old bitches, and a 4 year old dog, (oh and a year old Jack Russell) so yup, they can be a handful, but watching them work you appreciate they were born to do it and its all worthwhile.

Good luck with him, I'm sure he'll be fine.
              Yeah I do have sort of a routine now and extercise him plenty..
              I live in a little village with heaps of fields around it and we have a reserve with a forrest and a nature walk rite on our doorstep so always easy to walk him...
              I walk him 1 hour twice a day and half hour twice a day..

I am doing what u said with the seperation probs and he is getting a little better all ready...
              So I am confident he will be fine...

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              I'm glad he's doing so well with you Toby and it was just a shame he was so lively.It wasn't fair on the other 2 dogs and the parrots having him here as they were all suffering with the way storm was.He needed one to one care with no other animals to get in the way.
              We done our best with him since we took him on and had tried to rehome for the last 6 months.We even went to the english springer spaniel society who were looking for a home for him until Toby and Debs said they will have him for us.
              Hey Rich,
              Yeah he is ok...!!
              Very lazy tho inbetween walks, believe it or not but he sleeps a lot....
              On the sofa all day between walks and stuff....
              bbboooorrrrriiinnnggggg
              lol
              only joking nice to have a little peace and quiet inbetween walks hehe
              He did the vet no problem either he had his jab and his chip without a winch...

I hope Jake is not sulking to much.......
              Say hi to Mandy for us...

Comment

Jake has turned into a right miserable sod since you took storm.I think its cause Jake has always had other dogs to play with etc and now he's basically on his own.
                I know if he carries on like he is then i may have to consider getting a play mate for him although i don't really want anymore animals but i hate to see him sulking around like he is which isn't him at all.
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                  We had the same problem with buster, (beagle) boundless energy and just too much for us, we were lucky in the fact that the national beagle welfare society found him a really good home, younger family with grown up kids big house and garden and another beagle there already, still broke our hearts to let him go tho, but even the welfare center woman (who had around 30 of em and 6 of her own said he was the biggest handfull of the lot, complete nutter,
                  the shih is a different matter all together tho, really settleing in well and learning fast, great company and i dont get dragged round the estate twice a day, loves a punch up with me, and whatever i'm doing he has to be in the front row, real friendly little thing, and well worth the 500 quid,
                  glad your springer's got a good home, they are lovely dogs, a mate of mine had one from a pup but she got cancer at about three years and had to be put down, me and him were in tears at the time, really get attached to pets dont ya,
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                  X