New road tax hikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New road tax hikes

OK I know our Surfs won't be as much as the LR2.2D Freelander and some other poor sods, but I need mine, for trailering my sons race car around the country, and going to work (only 8 miles). what's a Transit van classed as? private or commercial? and what road tax band would they be in? ther'e crap, even on damp grass in the traction stake's but there's plenty of tractors and 4X4's to pull us out. Any ideas?
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Got this from the road fund bit on direct.gov

I know as far as insurance goes, direct line will insure joe public like me on a commercial vehicle. Here is the tax thingy anyhoo:

Light goods vehicles (TC39)

Registered on or after 1 March 2001 (not over 3,500kg revenue weight).

Vehicle
    12 months rate
    6 months rate

Light goods vehicle
    £180.00
    £99.00

Euro 4 light goods vehicles (TC36)

Registered between 1 March 2003 and 31 December 2006 only (not over 3,500kg revenue weight).

Vehicle
    12 months rate
    6 months rate

Euro 4 light goods vehicles
    £120.00
    £66.00
    Yippee-Kay-Ay, Melon Farmer.

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
      OK I know our Surfs won't be as much as the LR2.2D Freelander and some other poor sods, but I need mine, for trailering my sons race car around the country, and going to work (only 8 miles). what's a Transit van classed as? private or commercial? and what road tax band would they be in? ther'e crap, even on damp grass in the traction stake's but there's plenty of tractors and 4X4's to pull us out. Any ideas?
      Assume the position, take it, then start to grow your own field of rape seed oil.

Oh, and find someone to process it.

We'll all buy it off you.
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Predicted Rates

The current tax bands
        Co2 emissions 2008-09...tax year...Tax Band
        Up to 100.......................0... .............A
        101-120.......................£35. ..............B
        121-150......................£120. .............C
        151-165......................£145. .............D
        166-185......................£170. .............E
        Over 186.....................£210.. ............F
        Over 226.....................£400.. ...........G

The new tax bands
        Co2 emissions...2009-10...2010-11 (yr one)...2011-12...Tax Band
        Up to 100.................0......... .......0.................0.... ......A
        101-110................£20........ ........0...............£20... ......B
        111-120................£30........ ........0...............£35... ......C
        121- 130...............£90......... .......0...............£95.... .....D
        131-140...............£110........ ....£115.............£115..... ...E
        141-150...............£120........ ....£125.............£125..... ...F
        151-160...............£150........ ....£155.............£155..... ...G
        161-170...............£175........ ....£250.............£180..... ...H
        171-180...............£205........ ....£300.............£210..... ...I
        181-200...............£260........ ....£425.............£270..... ...J
        201-225...............£300........ ....£550.............£310..... ...K
        226-255...............£415........ ....£750.............£430..... ...L
        Over 255..............£440......... ...£950.............£455...... ..M

4 out of 5 motorists will be worse off and the government is predicted to earn over 1 Billion extra from the new bands alone, then there is congestion charges coming in to Manchester, Road Fuel Hikes.

I have found out mine goes from Band E to Band I at 177 - Dodge Caliber 1.8 SXT (petrol/Manual 5 gear)

So next year...... £35 hike
        2009/10............ £130 hike
        2011 onwards.... £40 hike

Just had the questionnaire through the door on the Congestion Charging also. Now why should we be investing further public money into "Public Transport" when they are actually run by private companies and charge monies for using their services. After the effect taxes are being raised to pay off the 1.5billion "loan" (half the investment) sorry investment as they like to call it from the government on schemes that should already be in place instead of Private Companies and their Shareholders ripping of the general public.

So a total con at £165 extra revenue for the next 2 years, and then £40 for every year after until they change it again for me!.
        Last edited by Gizmo; 10 July 2008, 13:43.
        Gaz

Comment

I have just got a renewal reminder for my tax disc.

£101.75 for 6 months

£185.00 for 12 months.

3lt PLG.
          Live the dream.......

Comment

Just been on the news now...

"Gordon Brown admits new tax hike affecting 9 million motorists 'will not be popular'"

You dont say?!

Anyone want a sticker for their truck depicting the dour scotsman, with the logo

1) Up yours, Brown!
            2) Public Enemy Number One (though I think that one has been used by CAMRA in the form of 'Publican Enemy Number One' for Alistair Darling)
            3) Theiving Pikey Scumbag
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

It's not surprising that road tax has gone up and will continue to rise. This has nothing to do with green issues and is more likley caused by revenue lost from tobbacco tax due to the smoking ban.

Comment

so wots it gonna cost for us next year???

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                  so wots it gonna cost for us next year???
                  £185

Our trucks are all pre 2001, so stay in the same bracket.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Congestion Charging will cost £300 Million to set up in Manchester
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      £185

Our trucks are all pre 2001, so stay in the same bracket.
                      phew,had me worried for a sec,thought they finally got round to taxing the older stuff more

Comment

phew,had me worried for a sec,thought they finally got round to taxing the older stuff more
                        They can't, they've only been planning this emmissions linked tax since 2001. Pre 2001 they didn't include emmissions data on the V5.

Comment

They can't, they've only been planning this emmissions linked tax since 2001. Pre 2001 they didn't include emmissions data on the V5.
                          u and i both know one day they will find a way,don't get me wrong,i hope they dont

Comment

u and i both know one day they will find a way,don't get me wrong,i hope they dont
                            Not worth their while, they'd need to test every pre 2001 vehicle individually. The post 2001 data is supplied by the manufacturers, so costs the scumbags nothing.

And the reason they've waited 7 years? It's to ensure most folk's cars are newer than 2001...

Comment

Not worth their while, they'd need to test every pre 2001 vehicle individually. The post 2001 data is supplied by the manufacturers, so costs the scumbags nothing.

And the reason they've waited 7 years? It's to ensure most folk's cars are newer than 2001...
                              thats means i'm a surf owner for many many many years then lol

Comment

Working...
                              X